oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

17 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Premier League clubs been given permission to play friendlies as long as certain conditions are met. One of conditions is teams cannot travel more than 90 mins to play a friendly.

Given lower league clubs are no longer in training and Sunderland season looking like it could be curtailed, I can see ourselves and Newcastle arranging a friendly with one another in next week or two.

I'm confused by this. I thought the PL and Championship were going to be running two rounds of matches every week til the end of July, to try and get the season finished as soon as possible. You'd imagine by the time this season is finally finished that we wouldn't be far away from the 2020-21 season starting, and players would need a few weeks to recuperate before a turbocharged pre-season. So when would any PL or CH club have time to play a friendly?

• Replies 22.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

I'm confused by this. I thought the PL and Championship were going to be running two rounds of matches every week til the end of July, to try and get the season finished as soon as possible. You'd imagine by the time this season is finally finished that we wouldn't be far away from the 2020-21 season starting, and players would need a few weeks to recuperate before a turbocharged pre-season. So when would any PL or CH club have time to play a friendly?

Over the next few weeks before the season starts again. 

I didn't think it'd be possible to arrange a friendly in the time we have left before the season restarts, since it's only 12 days til the PL campaign resumes for some teams! Thanks for clarifying, though.

1 minute ago, RiseAgainst said:

I didn't think it'd be possible to arrange a friendly in the time we have left before the season restarts, since it's only 12 days til the PL campaign resumes for some teams! Thanks for clarifying, though.

I can’t imagine it’ll take many seconds to arrange. “Hey Steve, Woodgate here. Do Newcastle want to play a friendly next Wednesday. You’re welcome at rockliffe at 10 am. We play at noon. Bring your own kit, bottles etc and we’ll provide a ref. Ok?”

”Hey woody. Thanks for calling. Sure we’ll be there.” 

• Like 3

EFL and Sky Sports finally announced the broadcasting stuff. Sky Sports showing 45 games, 30 of those in the Championship. All games including those will be made free to season ticket holders. Those not broadcast on Sky Sports will be a tenner a match.

Interested in how long our server capacity will last. I hope it can scale up with the demand but I'm not confident.

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

EFL and Sky Sports finally announced the broadcasting stuff. Sky Sports showing 45 games, 30 of those in the Championship. All games including those will be made free to season ticket holders. Those not broadcast on Sky Sports will be a tenner a match.

Interested in how long our server capacity will last. I hope it can scale up with the demand but I'm not confident.

I assume those of us with a riverside live subscription overseas can still watch?

2 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

If I get this correctly UK nonseason ticket holders will be required to pay £10 for a match pass while overseas only £5 🤯

Think I'll pass on that 

3 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Yeah, it's not going to work is it?! The streaming usually crashes when a few hundred 'VPN foreigners' try to get the stream working...

21 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

Yeah, it's not going to work is it?! The streaming usually crashes when a few hundred 'VPN foreigners' try to get the stream working...

Bloody Jonny foreigner coming over here supporting our team 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
20 hours ago, boro-unger said:

To be fair, I'm a lot nearer to France than I am to Boro.