oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

A tenner a pop to watch the kind of quality stream that's been used to date on that service is a bit of a joke, without even taking into account the probability that the servers will never be able to handle it. 

Anyone know if other championship teams are following the same pricing?

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

@Smoggydownsouth you were right about the practice match between the squad taken place at Riverside today. Club has released pictures of it.

I had a flick through and note Nmecha was back with the squad. Only person I did not see amongst the pictures was Dani Ayala. Obviously Dijksteel and Gibsons absence from today is more self explanatory. Everyone else seemed present.

1 hour ago, Neverbefore said:

A tenner a pop to watch the kind of quality stream that's been used to date on that service is a bit of a joke, without even taking into account the probability that the servers will never be able to handle it. 

Anyone know if other championship teams are following the same pricing?

It's the standard price within the UK, as far as I can see.

I've checked a dozen clubs, got bored before I finished the full 24.

3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

It's the standard price within the UK, as far as I can see.

I've checked a dozen clubs, got bored before I finished the full 24.

It is, Tuesday night games were always £10 a game for UK viewers, so it doesn't terribly surprise me they've kept their pricing structure the same. Although it is a little disappointing, just not surprising.

Glad I've got a season ticket, so I've effectively got 5 of the 9 matches for free, though I'm fully expecting the stream to crash or not work with 18,000 season ticket holders (though I presume it's one stream per househould).

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

It is, Tuesday night games were always £10 a game for UK viewers, so it doesn't terribly surprise me they've kept their pricing structure the same. Although it is a little disappointing, just not surprising.

I thought it was a fiver for a home game and a tenner for an away game? And all the Tuesday games were on the red button? Has it been so long since I watched football that I've gone mad?

6 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I thought it was a fiver for a home game and a tenner for an away game? And all the Tuesday games were on the red button? Has it been so long since I watched football that I've gone mad?

Always been £10.

It was £5 for people based outside the UK.

6 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Boro weren't on the red button for quite a while, honestly. I thought it was a flat £10 for all because they upped the coverage?

21 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

@Smoggydownsouth you were right about the practice match between the squad taken place at Riverside today. Club has released pictures of it.

I had a flick through and note Nmecha was back with the squad. Only person I did not see amongst the pictures was Dani Ayala. Obviously Dijksteel and Gibsons absence from today is more self explanatory. Everyone else seemed present.

Whilst the noises from inside suggest Ayala will play I still dont see it... Leeds have stepped up there interest along with Fulham and Crystal Palace. Gibson not allowed to play etc and Djiksteel prob wont be seen until next season. The club are actively pushing ahead with targets... 2 lists around 8 or 9 players on each list dependant where were playing. Also Everton have asked us to keep them up to date if we sell Fry. The feeling behind the scenes is he will move on and money will be used to strengthen in the summer whilst helping balance the books. Howson will only sign once were safe. Other things going on but nothing set in stone. Once it changes in will share.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Whilst the noises from inside suggest Ayala will play I still dont see it... Leeds have stepped up there interest along with Fulham and Crystal Palace. Gibson not allowed to play etc and Djiksteel prob wont be seen until next season. The club are actively pushing ahead with targets... 2 lists around 8 or 9 players on each list dependant where were playing. Also Everton have asked us to keep them up to date if we sell Fry. The feeling behind the scenes is he will move on and money will be used to strengthen in the summer whilst helping balance the books. Howson will only sign once were safe. Other things going on but nothing set in stone. Once it changes in will share.

Thank you as always for the info. When you say there are 2 lists of 8 or 9 players. Does that mean we are looking to sign 8 or 9 new players?  Probs make sense if 5 out the 7 out of contract players are leaving along with a handful of loan players.

1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

Always been £10.

It was £5 for people based outside the UK.

I always found this crazy it would be £10 you switch your VPN on it's suddenly £5 🤯

8 hours ago, Maccarone said:

Do you believe any of the other out of contract players will be offered a new contract if we stay in the Championship? 

I must be honest I havent been told anything on this. I will ask. My own feeling is their will be quite a turnover of players this summer.

9 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

I always found this crazy it would be £10 you switch your VPN on it's suddenly £5 🤯

My main concern is if the highlights will be shown on Quest!:classic_dry:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

I must be honest I havent been told anything on this. I will ask. My own feeling is their will be quite a turnover of players this summer.

The market this summer is going to be for the brave.. I can see a lot of clubs trying to massively cut wage bills with a lot of players on offer.