oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

14 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Just so you are all aware the game was set up to get a feel for playing in an empty stadium. Players weren't allowed to be physical in certain situations etc

That makes sense. Glad to know they weren't "trying" per se. Hopefully we see an improved Boro then!

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Just so you are all aware the game was set up to get a feel for playing in an empty stadium. Players weren't allowed to be physical in certain situations etc

I dont think it should have been available to be seen by the fans to be honest.

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

There has been plenty of experimenting in the Danish league about creating an atmosphere. My local club plays noise from a previous game out over the PA during the game. That has actually been complimented by the players as it makes it less quite and they get the slight feel of a normal matchday. It also helps when you watch the game on TV that they have some noise in the background. They've aso set up a huge screen that covers most of one pitchside that can livestream 200 zoom screens. Fans have been sent a link before the match. That has created som live pictures. It's a feature I think a few Premier League clubs will be copying. And hundreds of people have collected free cardboard torsos to paint and stick to the stadium seats 🙂 

48 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

I dont think it should have been available to be seen by the fans to be honest.

Me neither, what was the point of releasing the video, in fact what was the point of even filming it?

4 minutes ago, Borodane said:

There has been plenty of experimenting in the Danish league about creating an atmosphere. My local club plays noise from a previous game out over the PA during the game. That has actually been complimented by the players as it makes it less quite and they get the slight feel of a normal matchday. It also helps when you watch the game on TV that they have some noise in the background. They've aso set up a huge screen that covers most of one pitchside that can livestream 200 zoom screens. Fans have been sent a link before the match. That has created som live pictures. It's a feature I think a few Premier League clubs will be copying. And hundreds of people have collected free cardboard torsos to paint and stick to the stadium seats 🙂 

People could have been working on that over here while the kids were off school.

In fact we could have had the stadium filled with knock off Stone Island laden Guy Fawkes' dolls by now.

41 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Me neither, what was the point of releasing the video, in fact what was the point of even filming it?

I imagine every game they play is filmed in some capacity. Coaches will want to watch it for analysis.

No Ayala again in todays friendly with Newcastle. No George either. Of the out of contract players Clayts, Shotton and Marv played.

2-0 at halftime ended up losing 3-2 after making big changes at half time.

I know it doesn't mean anything but we started with:  Stojanovic.. Spence, Marv, Fry, Shotton.. Clayts, Saville, Rav..  Fletch, Nmecha, Britt.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

No Ayala again in todays friendly with Newcastle. No George either. Of the out of contract players Clayts, Shotton and Marv played.

I know it doesn't mean anything but we started with:  Stojanovic.. Spence, Marv, Fry, Shotton.. Clayts, Saville, Rav..  Fletch, Nmecha, Britt.

Who are the Boro players in pictures number 32 and 33?

2 hours ago, mendieta420 said:

Couldnt see roberts in any of the pictures. Wonder if Woody is saving him for the season to start and darent risk him in a friendly.  Just a thought 

2 hours ago, Mfcdanny said:

Couldnt see roberts in any of the pictures. Wonder if Woody is saving him for the season to start and darent risk him in a friendly.  Just a thought 

No Moukoudi or Gestede either.

Mouk must be injured considering his loan was ended.

It wouldn't surprise me if the club decided the 35k a week to Gestede wasn't worth carrying on past the end of June with Britt, Fletch and Nmecha all fit.

edit* Goals are here 

https://www.nufc.co.uk/nufc-tv/latest-videos/middlesbrough-h-friendly-highlights-19-20/

very easy goals conceded.

Edited by mendieta420
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, mendieta420 said:

No Moukoudi or Gestede either.

Mouk must be injured considering his loan was ended.

It wouldn't surprise me if the club decided the 35k a week to Gestede wasn't worth carrying on past the end of June with Britt, Fletch and Nmecha all fit.

edit* Goals are here 

https://www.nufc.co.uk/nufc-tv/latest-videos/middlesbrough-h-friendly-highlights-19-20/

very easy goals conceded.

Moukoudis loan wasn’t ended.... he’s still here