oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

"FIFA says players also allowed to play for up to three clubs, instead of two, during the course of a season in temporary rule change"

Might mean Stubbs can play for us.

I wonder whether Marc Bola could feature again too, now that League One is over.

• Replies 22.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I wonder whether Marc Bola could feature again too, now that League One is over.

😐 His performance at Leeds was enough for me to know League One is his level

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

Has Bola even played that much for Blackpool since going back?

Nope, they sacked their manager pretty soon after he joined and he stopped getting picked.

Which isn't encouraging.

7 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Nope, they sacked their manager pretty soon after he joined and he stopped getting picked.

Which isn't encouraging.

He's 22 and played one professional season in his career, let's just wait and see with him. I wouldn't read too much into a new manager coming in and resorting to experience too

7 hours ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

He's 22 and played one professional season in his career, let's just wait and see with him. I wouldn't read too much into a new manager coming in and resorting to experience too

Agree with this. I am not sure why some of our fans are so eager to write the lad off. Same goes for Browne and Dijksteel, We as fans have in past been crying out for the club to take a punt on players from lower leagues and if we want to do to that we need to have some patience imo. I am not saying patience will result in all these lads becoming good but not entirely sure what the rush is in wanting to get rid of them so soon after they have arrived.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Agree with this. I am not sure why some of our fans are so eager to write the lad off. Same goes for Browne and Dijksteel, We as fans have in past been crying out for the club to take a punt on players from lower leagues and if we want to do to that we need to have some patience imo. I am not saying patience will result in all these lads becoming good but not entirely sure what the rush is in wanting to get rid of them so soon after they have arrived.

I guess people are looking for signs of promise - flashes of talent, clever ideas even if the intentions don't pay off, glimpses of a good player waiting to be cultivated. As an extreme example of my point, Traore clearly had potential when he first arrived, even though he was very poor in many respects.

I personally think Dijksteel has shown some raw promise, but Browne and Bola just haven't demonstrated anything to suggest they're going to improve beyond League One standard. And while I'm not condoning the fans being on their backs, it's reasonable to be disappointed by what they've shown us so far, especially considering they were key ingredients in Woodgate's 'new way'.

24 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

The problem is, Woodgate showed absolutely no patience with them, by sending them off on loan at the first opportunity.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

The problem is, Woodgate showed absolutely no patience with them, by sending them off on loan at the first opportunity.

Browne was injured and got himself sent off throughout the first half of the season, it wasn't just down to Woodgate's lack of patience with him. Perhaps you can make the case more-so for Bola, though we also had Coulson coming through as a stand-out player from as far back as pre-season so I don't think anyone, either fan, coach or player alike, would have wanted Bola in the team ahead of Coulson.

15 minutes ago, northern boro said:

Boro's remaining games apart from those on Sky will be available to stream for £10 in the UK and £5 overseas. Season card holders will be able to watch Sky matches some overseas countries are excluded

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/watch-boros-championship-run-in-with-matchday-live

I still have no idea why it is £10 with no VPN then £5 when you have a VPN 🙃

5 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

I still have no idea why it is £10 with no VPN then £5 when you have a VPN 🙃

It’s the first Brexit tax 😜

• Haha 1
28 minutes ago, northern boro said:

Boro's remaining games apart from those on Sky will be available to stream for £10 in the UK and £5 overseas. Season card holders will be able to watch Sky matches some overseas countries are excluded

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/watch-boros-championship-run-in-with-matchday-live

I'm glad they've clarified that my existing MatchdayLive subscription would be extended to cover the rest of the season. The first time I asked their costumer service they said it expired on 20 June🤥

I see a player in Browne if he can learn to control his temperament.

As far as Bola is concerned, Coulson emergence did hinder his own chances in team. But we need two players for each position ideally and I am more than happy to keep patience with him and give him the chance to develop here. I am pretty sure Brentford wanted Bola last season and they usually got a good eye for talent even if we haven't. 

• Like 4