oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

1 hour ago, nunthorpered said:

soon see what happens when the season starts again

Yeah i think once season starts everyone is within they rights to criticise if results go wrong. The team need to be ready for when season resumes that as results actually mean something. But criticism over friendly games is pretty futile imho .

• Like 1
  • Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

@diggerlad07. Thanks for info mate. I dont see Ayala starting v Swansea on back of 3 weeks training and 45 mins of football having not played for 6 months. Think Roberts will be eased back too.

My guess for team v Swansea would be same team as v Charlton minus maybe Fry for Shotton and Britt for Rudy

18 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

@diggerlad07. Thanks for info mate. I dont see Ayala starting v Swansea on back of 3 weeks training and 45 mins of football having not played for 6 months. Think Roberts will be eased back too.

My guess for team v Swansea would be same team as v Charlton minus maybe Fry for Shotton and Britt for Rudy

From what Ive heard is we are struggling to put together a coherant 11. 

Theres a lot of players who wont feature despite training and its not just the out of contacts and loanees.

The club are being too soft imo

• Angry 1
4 minutes ago, scottpilgrim said:

From what Ive heard is we are struggling to put together a coherant 11. 

Theres a lot of players who wont feature despite training and its not just the out of contacts and loanees.

The club are being too soft imo

Can't see any reason why the loanees wouldn't feature, barring a lack of fitness or injuries.

If they were unwilling to play for us, they wouldn't have been loaned back by their clubs.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Can't see any reason why the loanees wouldn't feature, barring a lack of fitness or injuries.

If they were unwilling to play for us, they wouldn't have been loaned back by their clubs.

They might have not had much choice in the matter.

Take Roberts for example, Coming off an injury not fully fit and certain to be playing for a different club next season. You can see why he wont feature

• Angry 1
16 minutes ago, scottpilgrim said:

Take Roberts for example, Coming off an injury not fully fit and certain to be playing for a different club next season. You can see why he wont feature

Roberts was back in training 3 months ago, he might not be sharp, but he'll be fit, I fully expect him to be playing.

I'd not be shocked if some of the out of contracts don't play, but I don't believe for a second that the club are struggling to scrape together 11 players.

• Like 3
31 minutes ago, scottpilgrim said:

With respect your Roberts example makes little sense as City extended his loan with us 3 weeks ago.

If he or city did not want him risking any further injury then they would have not extended his loan.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Did Ben Gibson play any part of the game? I'm assuming no but the fact hes been training with us suggests there is probably something agreed between us and Burnley. 

I think the only thing that’s agreed is that burnley think Gibson has turned out to be a horror show of a transfer and they are willing to do everything they can to get rid of him and we are willing to wait it out for the best deal possible. 

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

I think the only thing that’s agreed is that burnley think Gibson has turned out to be a horror show of a transfer and they are willing to do everything they can to get rid of him and we are willing to wait it out for the best deal possible. 

I fear Watford might offer Burnley a better package, loan or permanent than we can so Gibbo might not even end up at Boro.

He might want to come here over Watford but we might not be a choice if Watford offer better terms.

10 hours ago, TLF10 said:

I fear Watford might offer Burnley a better package, loan or permanent than we can so Gibbo might not even end up at Boro.

He might want to come here over Watford but we might not be a choice if Watford offer better terms.

with player power what it is, if he wants to come home, he will.

34 minutes ago, Brunners said:

with player power what it is, if he wants to come home, he will.

If Burnley only accepts Watfords offer then Ben might not have a choice. I have a feeling that while Burnley wants to get rid of him they aren't going to accept being made a fool of by a player. If Watford ends up being Bens only chance of moving on, then I think he'll take it no doubt. It'll also help that Watford can easily offer a wage packet much better than us. I know people say Ben wats to come home regardless of money but if Watford dangles 40k a week and Prem football while we offer 20k and a championship relegation battle he is going to find it appealing taking another shot at the Prem. Because he's not going to get that here in the foreseeable future.

8 minutes ago, Borodane said:

If Burnley only accepts Watfords offer then Ben might not have a choice. I have a feeling that while Burnley wants to get rid of him they aren't going to accept being made a fool of by a player. If Watford ends up being Bens only chance of moving on, then I think he'll take it no doubt. It'll also help that Watford can easily offer a wage packet much better than us. I know people say Ben wats to come home regardless of money but if Watford dangles 40k a week and Prem football while we offer 20k and a championship relegation battle he is going to find it appealing taking another shot at the Prem. Because he's not going to get that here in the foreseeable future.

Of course he has a choice; he can choose to just ride out his contract at Burnley. like I said, players have all the power, I'm not saying he wouldn't choose to go to Watford, but if he wanted to come home, he would just refuse to sign anywhere else.

17 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Of course he has a choice; he can choose to just ride out his contract at Burnley. like I said, players have all the power, I'm not saying he wouldn't choose to go to Watford, but if he wanted to come home, he would just refuse to sign anywhere else.

That obviously goes without saying. Of course he can choose to stay but that would be incredibly foolish considering he will ruin his own career and reputation even further. I'm just saying that Burnley might only give him the choice of a fresh start in the Prem or sitting in the stands at Burnley. If that's the choice then I think he will join Watford.