oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

14 minutes ago, Borodane said:

That obviously goes without saying. Of course he can choose to stay but that would be incredibly foolish considering he will ruin his own career and reputation even further. I'm just saying that Burnley might only give him the choice of a fresh start in the Prem or sitting in the stands at Burnley. If that's the choice then I think he will join Watford.

He's already shown he's willing to completely tank his chances by training with us for the last year. If he's as desperate to come home as it seems he is, I think he'd ride out his contract than move even further away from home.

• Like 1
  • Replies 22.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Borodane said:

That obviously goes without saying. Of course he can choose to stay but that would be incredibly foolish considering he will ruin his own career and reputation even further. I'm just saying that Burnley might only give him the choice of a fresh start in the Prem or sitting in the stands at Burnley. If that's the choice then I think he will join Watford.

I dont think Burnley are in any financial position to make his sit in the stands. If he goes to Watford then Burnley will have to pay Boro a good lump of the transfer fee which will have hardly increased. I would think that the player has the whip hand here.

• Like 1

More chance of Boro striking a deal over Watford because Burnley still owe us installments from when they signed him from us. That's where the trouble lies because we think his value has gone down significantly, where as Burnley don't.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

More chance of Boro striking a deal over Watford because Burnley still owe us installments from when they signed him from us. That's where the trouble lies because we think his value has gone down significantly, where as Burnley don't.

Burnley definitely can't still realistically value him at the price they paid for him, otherwise he'd have been playing for them. Just my opinion, but whilst I think there's a definite stink of player power being used by Gibson to force a move home, I don't think Burnley have done anything to justify keeping his value high. They've allowed him to stagnate, a player they originally thought was worth being their record signing, something that remains true to this day. They've got to accept a significant amount of responsibility for this:

image.png.442cedf39cbaf6d92f23c391b8fedc74.png

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Brunners said:

man that's a sad image to see. 😞 Really thought he'd go on to crack England squads.

He would've done in the right squad.

12 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Only another 15 days of him. Sooner he goes the better. He isnt going to improve at his age so he can forget being a regular in the premier league if he goes to Leeds and they get promoted. Its clearly one last good pay day, which you cant blame him for. But thanks , now bugger off!

Did a good job for us and cant really blame him for having another crack at the premier league/promotion. Sadly it's a huge place to fill in the team with Fry potentially our one recognised center back come the end of the season. I think we will need a minimum of 2 center backs plus the hope Wood is ready next season as we were very thin this window in that department.

Disappointed about Ayala but not surprised. I'd imagine our contract offer to him was pitiful.

A lot of fans going to turn on him after this, which is a shame because he's been immense for us at times.

Shotton, Makoudi and Fry as the CB options now. Brutal. 

5 minutes ago, Tarmo said:

Disappointed about Ayala but not surprised. I'd imagine our contract offer to him was pitiful.

A lot of fans going to turn on him after this, which is a shame because he's been immense for us at times.

Shotton, Makoudi and Fry as the CB options now. Brutal. 

No one is going to turn on him, he’s given us the best years of his career.

Football fans surely aren’t that fickle are they?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2