oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

1 hour ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

The gravitas of this is the club have to offer less money even over that short period as their income has been significantly reduced as have all clubs. Easier to negotiate with a player without a club than one who has his last big move in his career.

Club knew the risks.  Whilst I think it's a positive that we are no longer being dictated to by players I just hope we can scramble through next 9 games and stay up. If we do the financial outlook for MFC will be a lot better than 80% of championship clubs

Why is that SDS? Because of shifting high earners and getting in a good position FFP wise? 

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

I don’t hold anything against him (it’s his career, injury prone, got kids/family etc).

The thing that hacks me off is it comes out 4 days before we kick off again. It was always going to be difficult anyway (as we are pants) but this just doesn’t help matters in terms of game preparation.

Hasn’t a contract offer been on the table since about Xmas? Club surely could’ve given Dani a deadline of say end of May, particularly with this Covid situation, then this would’ve blown over by now...

5 minutes ago, HoyteForLeftBack said:

I don’t hold anything against him (it’s his career, injury prone, got kids/family etc).

The thing that hacks me off is it comes out 4 days before we kick off again. It was always going to be difficult anyway (as we are pants) but this just doesn’t help matters in terms of game preparation.

Hasn’t a contract offer been on the table since about Xmas? Club surely could’ve given Dani a deadline of say end of May, particularly with this Covid situation, then this would’ve blown over by now...

for all we know the club have known for ages, just makes better headlines as we approach re-start

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

for all we know the club have known for ages, just makes better headlines as we approach re-start

That’s the thing though, if the club are releasing this now after knowing for a while, who is it helping? Who benefits?

It doesn’t benefit the team or help the manager prepare for a relegation scrap. Surely Gibson can’t be lining this up as an excuse for going down?

Just a few thoughts..

I always loved Ayala.. up there with the best in the league in the style he plays

It's a huge shame he's going out like this, when the club needs him more than ever.

I'd love to know the real story behind his injury and why he wasn't playing when he was apparently fit.

It can't be good for preparation but I suspect many clubs are dealing with similar issues which haven't been reported.

13 minutes ago, Liquid said:

B*ll*cks to it... I'll pull on the shirt for the last few games, and I'll do it for free.

Good man @Liquid I’ll buy the shirt with your name on it 👍

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Good man @Liquid I’ll buy the shirt with your name on it 👍

Thanks Blancs.

The name's Jones... and I'm gunning for the number 4 shirt.

I've got a feeling they'll allow me to do it in my old Grangefield PE kit though.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, HoyteForLeftBack said:

Surely Gibson can’t be lining this up as an excuse for going down?

I think that entirely falls in line with my expectations of Gibson and co. right now, to be honest.

• Like 2

From Ayalas point of view it makes complete sense, had C19 not happened then Ayala would have likely played the games and still left if we couldn't match his wages. Given his injury record and the apparent chance of warming the bench for Leeds in the prem you can't really blame him for not wanting to risk it. 

As has been previously said, if we were up top battling for something I imagine he would stay and fight but the club has messed that up greatly.

If it is true that we had a contract offer on the table for a year then why didn't we try to get rid of him in January so he didn't leave on a free instead? 

4 minutes ago, Lord_Moose said:

From Ayalas point of view it makes complete sense, had C19 not happened then Ayala would have likely played the games and still left if we couldn't match his wages. Given his injury record and the apparent chance of warming the bench for Leeds in the prem you can't really blame him for not wanting to risk it. 

As has been previously said, if we were up top battling for something I imagine he would stay and fight but the club has messed that up greatly.

If it is true that we had a contract offer on the table for a year then why didn't we try to get rid of him in January so he didn't leave on a free instead? 

I can understand why he chooses not to risk a 2 million a year deal but that doesn’t make him any less disloyal to the club that has paid him handsomely for 7 years and even for the past 6 months without him playing a single minute of football. We need him more than ever now and he has chosen money over the club. It’s what I expect from players though. 

3 hours ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

The gravitas of this is the club have to offer less money even over that short period as their income has been significantly reduced as have all clubs. Easier to negotiate with a player without a club than one who has his last big move in his career.

Club knew the risks.  Whilst I think it's a positive that we are no longer being dictated to by players I just hope we can scramble through next 9 games and stay up. If we do the financial outlook for MFC will be a lot better than 80% of championship clubs

This has all the hallmarks of a repeat of the season under Robson where we just had to survive and we would strengthen the team with Roberto Carlos, Nadal, Batistuta etc.