oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I can understand why he chooses not to risk a 2 million a year deal but that doesn’t make him any less disloyal to the club that has paid him handsomely for 7 years and even for the past 6 months without him playing a single minute of football. We need him more than ever now and he has chosen money over the club. It’s what I expect from players though. 

He is no different from many other players we have had to put up with who are just after the money.

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

Good riddance. The mystery injuries after Christmas never sat right with me. As a player he will be missed, as a personality it seems he won't be.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Rather brutal report from Vickers on Ayala. 

Not sure if it's a hatchet job from the gazette but if some of that is true, good riddance.

Meh. The Gazette print what the club tell them or approve so I’m gonna take that with a pinch of salt.  

When's the Swansea match thread gonna be up? 😄

Might be something worth noting but I asked about the new live site, which is now set up and season card holders should be getting their codes sent through:

With it being a micro-site, it should mean the demand on the main site will not affect this one. And if it's been developed specifically for this, that should mean that it has the advantage of scaling up to a LOT more users. I'm hoping this is how they move forward with the streaming in general.

If people haven't seen it, they have set up a guide for getting ready to stream the matches, including a test stream that is currently running for you to check that part is working:

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/matchday-live-5-steps-to-ensure-youre-ready-for-kick-off

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Rather brutal report from Vickers on Ayala. 

Not sure if it's a hatchet job from the gazette but if some of that is true, good riddance.

Club propaganda in full force now it's nothing to do with the club.

10 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

I meant the club and the gazette always do this to paint a picture they aren't in the wrong 

On the flip side of this, maybe they feel they aren't in the wrong. It's true that Ayala's injury was assessed as being just a few weeks out yet he didn't play since Preston.

It's also true that Karanka came out and said similar previously, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that eventually your coaching squad are going to lose patience. Especially as we all know for a fact he will pass a medical somewhere else in a few weeks

• Like 3
43 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

I meant the club and the gazette always do this to paint a picture they aren't in the wrong 

Yeah they do have history of character assassination. Maybe the club should do their own dirty work. 

Anyone else notice this reading that article?

The stalwart defender

the strapping Spanish stopper

the towering defender

the physical centre-back

the hands-on stopper

cant they just call him ‘Ayala’ instead of breaking out the synonym machine?

17 minutes ago, HoyteForLeftBack said:

Anyone else notice this reading that article?

The stalwart defender

the strapping Spanish stopper

the towering defender

the physical centre-back

the hands-on stopper

cant they just call him ‘Ayala’ instead of breaking out the synonym machine?

Classic gazette 

18 hours ago, nunthorpered said:

Club using the Gazette to put the club's spin on it once again.

Some of the article from the club's side is completely true, but some of it is just sour grapes.

Ayala (vice captain) informed the club even before January that he was leaving and it was posted on here by the Gazette journalist but a poster who 'pretends' to be in the know posted completely opposite. He wanted to leave in January and a bid was put on the table but we blocked it. (Not saying that's what led to the mystery ankle injury but make your own assumptions on that).

Ayala leaving in this way is a real shame, as he has been a top player for this football club, but both sides have been as bad as each other from what I have been told. 

Edited by diggerlad07
  • Like 4
8 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Club using the Gazette to put the club's spin on it once again.

Some of the article from the club's side is completely true, but some of it is just sour grapes.

Ayala (vice captain) informed the club even before January that he was leaving and it was posted on here by the Gazette journalist but a poster who 'pretends' to be in the know posted completely opposite. He wanted to leave in January and a bid was put on the table but we blocked it. (Not saying that's what led to the mystery ankle injury but make your own assumptions on that).

Ayala leaving in this way is a real shame, as he has been a top player for this football club, but both sides have been as bad as each other from what I have been told. 

You knew it would be, I think as outsiders we need to accept there is no injured party that we need to side with and the reality is they've both just tried to play each other

• Like 3