oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

48 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Pretty bleak for hull

Not sure how this season can be allowed to go on when players are not wanting to play and teams are going to struggle getting a decent side out. It won’t just effect the bottom of the table, some teams at the top will be in for a much easier ride depending on fixtures. Integrity of the league has gone hasn’t it? 

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

Is Maddison refusing to play? Gazette just said Hull were unable to agree a new deal with a number of players and he was one of them. Six agreed new deals but four did not....

I know its a big blow for Charlton and Hull to being without such players but I would not write either team off because as we seen in past sometimes in such adversity teams do rally. And given its a 9 game season they only need to rally for 3 to 4 games and they could be safe.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

Not sure how this season can be allowed to go on when players are not wanting to play and teams are going to struggle getting a decent side out. It won’t just effect the bottom of the table, some teams at the top will be in for a much easier ride depending on fixtures. Integrity of the league has gone hasn’t it? 

I think the season continuing is best way to maintain any sort of integrity. Any alternative way to finish the season would result in league having even less integrirty... 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

As daft as it sounds, but it shouldn't make a difference other than morale of the squads. In which the majority of team mates would already know whats happening with regards to who wants to play or not anyway.

If they played and there heart wasn't in it then it's best that those types of players are away from the 1st team.

The thing that sites uneasy with me is that types of players will get a move elsewhere regardless, when for me their attitude should be questioned. 

Teams will buy these type of players especially in this current financial climate.

I think all of plaudits should be going to the players who contracts are expiring and they are prepared to carry on. Yes - hopefully for a move or contract renewal, but they are putting themselves at risk of a move.

I see it as a catch 22. If ayala wasn't committed or any other player then I'd rather them just keep well away from the ground completely until the season is finished.

You are right though that the league should of been curtailed, but unfortunately money talks.

1 hour ago, Brunners said:

Hull can barely field a team of championship quality players & sold their only two sources of goals in January, so I strongly believe they'll slip into the bottom 3. The question is; will that be enough? Will we do better than one of the other teams down there, the Charltons, Lutons etc.

Same thing was said the year we were in Prem together and yet they still finished above us albeit in a relegation spot. I reckon the manager is going to be more decisive in this mini season! Not much hope for us there so we can pray that the players show some responsibility on the pitch. 

I know I'm probably in the minority here but I'm still in Woodgates corner and listening to interviews with some of the players over recent weeks it seems that the players are all behind Woodgate aswell so if it's a case of needing the players to play for the coach we should be ok

36 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Heard Shotton hasn't agreed to play on, any truth?

That would be a blow as he will be needed.

For all his critics i think he a solid enough CB at this level. Not as a first choice but as a back up he is as good a option as there is at lower end Championship.

The issue is he meant to be on a very decent wage.

1 hour ago, mendieta420 said:

Jeez now this would be brutal we are almost at the point where we need Woodgate at Centre back 😂

3 hours ago, mendieta420 said:

Gazette are saying he’s agreed, he’s still up here so would be surprised if it’s true. 

Gazette’s the club’s mouthpiece again

30 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Gazette are saying he’s agreed, he’s still up here so would be surprised if it’s true. 

We also have the option of extending a year but not sure if we can activate that after July 1st...

34 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Hello Lurker, hope you are well. You heard any snippets regarding boro bar what's been said on here?

4 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

We also have the option of extending a year but not sure if we can activate that after July 1st...

Any suggestion we want to extend by a year? Rumour was he wanted to head back to be nearer to the Midlands

6 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Any suggestion we want to extend by a year? Rumour was he wanted to head back to be nearer to the Midlands

I dont see it personally. Bought a new big house on outskirts of stoke. On a decent wage as well... think he will move on as I do all apart from Howson ( if we stay up) 

• Wow 1