oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

13 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

FFP suspended for twelve months...  Some teams will risk it 

So Aston Villa will escape punishment once again if they come down?

• Replies 22.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

sq9jzz241q551.png?width=575&auto=webp&s=

Found this on reddit, league positions for all teams remaining fixtures, therefore a rough strength of schedule. 

Makes interesting reading. Hull, Charlton & Barnsley still have to play 4 of the top 10, while Wigan have to play 3 of the 4 teams below them, and 2 of the 3 directly ahead of them. That's huge for them in staying up.

• Like 1
Just now, Brunners said:

sq9jzz241q551.png?width=575&auto=webp&s=

Found this on reddit, league positions for all teams remaining fixtures, therefore a rough strength of schedule. 

Makes interesting reading. Hull, Charlton & Barnsley still have to play 4 of the top 10, while Wigan have to play 3 of the 4 teams below them, and 2 of the 3 directly ahead of them. That's huge for them in staying up.

Interesting reading that.

What i am vary of though is a few of our rivals are playing play off teams in last few games of season. If a team is guaranteed a play off spot but not automatics then there a risk they will rest some players v our rivals given play offs i think start about 3 days after season ends.

Hopefully we are safe by then.

Hull also have 4 of the bottom 8 as well, I should have mentioned that too. So they've got 4 against top sides and 4 against relegation candidates with a 16th sprinkled in too.

The week where we play Stoke, Hull and QPR is massive we simply have too win 2 out of the 3 games. It is kinda scary as the games are non stop hardly any training time in between games. Thus it's crucial we start well and build momentum or it could all fall apart so quickly 😬. As we could so easily start losing 3 or 4 on the bounce that will kinda relagate us is the reality of the situation. 

4 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I remember when Spurs had a young lad called Gareth Bale, whenever he was on the pitch, Spurs failed to win, this went on for 24 matches. 

Yeah what a donkey. I remember when spurs offered him to us as part of a Downing deal. 

Bullet dodged by out recruiting team me thinks 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 2
7 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

The week where we play Stoke, Hull and QPR is massive we simply have too win 2 out of the 3 games. It is kinda scary as the games are non stop hardly any training time in between games. Thus it's crucial we start well and build momentum or it could all fall apart so quickly 😬. As we could so easily start losing 3 or 4 on the bounce that will kinda relagate us is the reality of the situation. 

It really is a time where I'd want an experienced manager in charge of us. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

FFP rules to be suspended for 12 months according to the telegraph.

That’s the one for clubs getting into Europe. EFL will need to make the decision on ours. 

Derby, Reading and Sheff Wed will be laughing their heads off.

They're going to get away with cheating, been no indication that the EFL are doing their jobs when it comes to punishing them.

Then they might get a chance to double dip if the regulations are suspended.

8 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

They're going to get away with cheating, been no indication that the EFL are doing their jobs when it comes to punishing them.

You can't say that the EFL has not had the time to sort this out, perhaps they can use the excuse that travel restrictions during the early part of lockdown meant they did not have time to fully investigate.

However a farce is a farce

13 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Their cases don't specifically have to do with the coming 12 months or this season. Their cases relate to different matters like stadium sales and accounts from last season, so I can't see how it should have any influence should the EFL relax FFP for this season and the coming 12 months.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Their cases don't specifically have to do with the coming 12 months or this season. Their cases relate to different matters like stadium sales and accounts from last season, so I can't see how it should have any influence should the EFL relax FFP for this season and the coming 12 months.

Of course it has to do with this season.

They've assembled their current squads whilst breaching FFP, and they wouldn't have some of the players they do if they hadn't cheated.

They should be punished this season, as they've gained an unfair advantage against the teams that they're currently competing against.

No doubt they'll get a deduction as soon as it's clear that the deduction won't impact them.

• Like 2