oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

5 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Of course it has to do with this season.

They've assembled their current squads whilst breaching FFP, and they wouldn't have some of the players they do if they hadn't cheated.

They should be punished this season, as they've gained an unfair advantage against the teams that they're currently competing against.

No doubt they'll get a deduction as soon as it's clear that the deduction won't impact them.

Their current cases relate to stadium sales last season and the accounts from last season. It's not because of the accounts this season. This seasons accounts were only submitted a few months ago. There could well have been further cases from this season but the current investigation surrounds last season iirc.

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Their current cases relate to stadium sales last season and the accounts from last season. It's not because of the accounts this season. This seasons accounts were only submitted a few months ago. There could well have been further cases from this season but the current investigation surrounds last season iirc.

They've benefited this season from last season's antics, in an ideal world they'd have immediately been slapped down as soon as they cheated but the EFL is a slow moving machine.

I can fully understand why Barnsley and Middlesbrough were/are pushing for them to be punished now and not later. A points deduction next season doesn't benefit the teams that suffer this season.

Problem with the Derby one at least from memory is that the EFL supposedly gave them permission to go ahead with it at the time. Not sure why they didn't notice the difference in valuations at the time like.

3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

They've benefited this season from last season's antics, in an ideal world they'd have immediately been slapped down as soon as they cheated but the EFL is a slow moving machine.

I can fully understand why Barnsley and Middlesbrough were/are pushing for them to be punished now and not later. A points deduction next season doesn't benefit the teams that suffer this season.

Yeah we can agree on that. All I'm saying is that I don't see how the EFL can use relaxing the FFP rules for the coming year, or the current season, as an excuse for not punishing Derby as the wrongdoings was last season and not related to Covid-19. Hence I don't think Derby and Wednesday will be laughing just yet. But as has already been mooted the punishment will probably come at a time when a potential points deduction will have zero actual impact. For what it's worth I think any points deduction should have long been in place or alternatively be effective from the start of next season.

I didn't think it would have any bearing.

My point is that they're probably going to get away with blatantly breaching the regulations with a slap on the wrist, and then they will get the opportunity to spend even further if FFP is suspended for a season.

1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

Derby, Reading and Sheff Wed will be laughing their heads off.

They're going to get away with cheating, been no indication that the EFL are doing their jobs when it comes to punishing them.

Then they might get a chance to double dip if the regulations are suspended.

repeating Lurkers, comment - these changes are for clubs who are playing in European competitions, not all leagues

• Like 1

Posted 18 hours ago

If this is true then smoggy spiv Gibson will be country dancing especially when they are relegated 

Posted 17 hours ago

Be even funnier as Boros last game is at Hillsborough 

Posted 15 hours ago

I can feel Steve Gibson's heart palpitations from here..

Didn't realise we were so popular with Wednesday fans 😬

20 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Posted 18 hours ago

If this is true then smoggy spiv Gibson will be country dancing especially when they are relegated 

Posted 17 hours ago

Be even funnier as Boros last game is at Hillsborough 

Posted 15 hours ago

I can feel Steve Gibson's heart palpitations from here..

Didn't realise we were so popular with Wednesday fans 😬

It's much the same with them as it is with Derby fans. SG was the one who vocally complained, so he's the one who gets mentioned in these sorts of threads.

13 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

That was a rumour from a football site.

Sadly sounds like it was nothing more than a rumour.

OK cheers for that, main one was Howson & I was chuffed to think he'd signed & able to play all the games 

14 hours ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

FFP suspended for twelve months...  Some teams will risk it 

Thing is if you've done wrong you should be penalised, if being penalised means points deduction then so be it, you knew the rules before hand

Teams could be relegated, who have played within the rules but are being punished twice, 1st because a player, or players have refused to play for them & secondly, with players not playing could weaken those teams considerably in important games, once these teams have been relegated the governing body will then look at the FFP & put actions in place, to late for the Boro, Charlton, Luton, Barnsley, Hull etc, all in the name of fairness though 

• Like 1

The very problem with FFP is that it is not enforced correctly  like I believe no team should be allowed to be promoted to the Premier League If they broke FFP to do it 

• Like 1