• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

Good read and it does raise a key point when we see that Rudy has been willing to extend to the end of the season given his injury record and the likelihood of him not actually being here for next season. Perhaps Ayalas next contract is practically signed whereas Rudy is playing for a new one, but his willingness to participate shouldnt be overlooked.

1 hour ago, ChipBarrington said:

Good read and it does raise a key point when we see that Rudy has been willing to extend to the end of the season given his injury record and the likelihood of him not actually being here for next season. Perhaps Ayalas next contract is practically signed whereas Rudy is playing for a new one, but his willingness to participate shouldnt be overlooked.

Let’s hope he doesn’t. 

Not saying we will see a change but I was looking at out of work managers that we could have maybe looked at:

Neil Warnock
Chris Hughton
Aitor Karanka
Giovanni Van Bronkhurst
Nigel Adkins
Sam Allardyce

I said on here back in October given our squad and limited funds that Gary Rowett would have been a good fit. He took over at Millwall and has taken them from near to us in league to play off contenders in a few months.

The crime is not making a mistake but refusing to rectify the mistake, Mr Gibson. You stubborn fool.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Not saying we will see a change but I was looking at out of work managers that we could have maybe looked at:

Neil Warnock
Chris Hughton
Aitor Karanka
Giovanni Van Bronkhurst
Nigel Adkins
Sam Allardyce

I said on here back in October given our squad and limited funds that Gary Rowett would have been a good fit. He took over at Millwall and has taken them from near to us in league to play off contenders in a few months.

The crime is not making a mistake but refusing to rectify the mistake, Mr Gibson. You stubborn fool.

Hughton or Warnock would be my picks both have proven records making the most out of not much cash and getting players to fight for the cause. You dont know how well Karanka will do as every club hes been to has spent money but he does know the club so maybe thats an advantage and Allardyce just sends shivers down my spine thinking about him at our club. 

I am probably gonna get shouted at for even saying this but id take Pulis over Woodgate on a short term contract atm as an another alternative. Pulis isnt inept, just plays football nobody wants to watch but gets the jobs done and does save teams from relegation crucially. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, thomas said:

Hughton or Warnock would be my picks both have proven records making the most out of not much cash and getting players to fight for the cause. You dont know how well Karanka will do as every club hes been to has spent money but he does know the club so maybe thats an advantage and Allardyce just sends shivers down my spine thinking about him at our club. 

I am probably gonna get shouted at for even saying this but id take Pulis over Woodgate on a short term contract atm as an another alternative. Pulis isnt inept, just plays football nobody wants to watch but gets the jobs done and does save teams from relegation crucially. 

100% with you on this Thomas. Would not mind Pulis even coming in for last 7 or 8 games and assisting Woodgate just to save us from relegation. Like El Tel did with Robbo.

Obv would mean jW would start new season as boss but surely if he carries on this nonsense then even someone as stubborn as Gibbo will sack him by Xmas.

1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

100% with you on this Thomas. Would not mind Pulis even coming in for last 7 or 8 games and assisting Woodgate just to save us from relegation. Like El Tel did with Robbo.

Obv would mean jW would start new season as boss but surely if he carries on this nonsense then even someone as stubborn as Gibbo will sack him by Xmas.

Spot on lads. Bring back Pulis and we are playing in the championship next season for sure. Surely this is obvious to everyone?

Actually I know this has been mentioned in the past by a few ppl in passing but everyone goes on about Steve Round been a brilliant coach with a wealth of experience pretty much everywhere hes been. Is it worth a punt to try get him too see if he will manage if non of them options listed above are available? Obviously if he doesn't keep us up this season but performances start improving and the side takes on a shape then we might be a brilliant position then to bounce straight back up. 

• Like 1

Why bring back Pulis? - there are more than 2 managers in the world. The players have been trying to get out of the ultra defensive mindset that Pulis put them in (unsuccessfully mind). I’m not sure putting them back into it is a long term solution or if dramatically changing style (if we have one) is going to be much help/possible with a handful of games left. I still think we’ll stay up btw - our fixtures are not bad, no games vs top 8. At present, 7 of our 9 wins have come against teams 14th or lower.

Also you are mistaking Pulis for a guy that will put his reputation on the line to help a club. He is not known for stepping in towards the end of a season and he isn’t going to risk his reputation to help us out! (Particularly given the “frosty” relationship with the fans)

Bringing in El Tel fatally undermined Robson (Gibson just couldn’t face firing him). I don’t think Gibson would consider a repeat. We’re stuck with woody, but I’d suggest we move heaven and earth to borrow Steve round from arsenal. 

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, BegSteeleOrBoro said:

Why bring back Pulis? - 

Because where the club is at at the minute, he is what we need for the remaining fixtures: preparation and organisation. The ability to set up and grind out a point when we need it. And comes with the benefit of knowing the club.

Get to the summer break and go again with someone new.

• Like 3
55 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Because where the club is at at the minute, he is what we need for the remaining fixtures: preparation and organisation. The ability to set up and grind out a point when we need it. And comes with the benefit of knowing the club.

Get to the summer break and go again with someone new.

We’ve lost Randolph, Ayala, Downing, Flint, Hugill, Besic, and Mikel. They were mostly reasonably important under Pulis, so I’m not sure quite how well he actually would be able to set up the team in his previous formation. He was suspicious of the youth players and we now have more in the side.

The problem with trying to switch up defensive organisation is that it takes time on the training ground. With the fixture list compressed we have precious little of that. 

Anyway, whether it’s a good idea or not, I think it’s very unlikely he’d agree without a massive lump sum and/or a longer contract

• Like 1

We are stuck with what we have for the remainder of the season imo. Gibson definitely won't change now. I really doubt he will change for the next season either. If what is said is true and he does really want to give it a good go next season (ffp restrictions depending ofcourse) then I see him giving woody enough cash to assemble a reasonable squad. But its still woody and has he learned enough this season to get the best out of that squad is the question.