oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

16 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Spot on. 

It's pretty much what most of us have been saying for the last few years on here. 

Before reading that I was just about to post that I don't think throwing money at Woodgate is the answer at all. We need the club rebuilding properly from top to bottom and that includes the chairman taking his hands off the wheel a little bit. 

Woodgate is useless but he's not even the biggest problem at the club. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Spot on. 

Similar been said on here for long enough.  But why would he pay a director of football when he can do it himself?

Robbo, Mclaren, Karanka are the positive appointments in my time under Gibbo.  Two of those are ancient history now though.

Strachan, Agnew, Monk, Pulis and Woodgate the negative, for various reasons.

Mowbray gets a pass due to being hamstrung by the work of Strachan.  Southgate's an interesting one, couple of decent enough seasons, then the whole Alves/Mido thing and relegation.  Would love the inside scoop on recruitment that year.  Should have been given the full season in the Championship though.

4 of the remaining 6 out of contract players have signed extensions till the end of the season, still waiting on the other 2.

I'm hoping Johnson is one of the signers, he's the only one who wasn't shocking on Saturday.

4 hours ago, macapes said:

Similar been said on here for long enough.  But why would he pay a director of football when he can do it himself?

Robbo, Mclaren, Karanka are the positive appointments in my time under Gibbo.  Two of those are ancient history now though.

Mowbray gets a pass due to being hamstrung by the work of Strachan.  Southgate's an interesting one, couple of decent enough seasons, then the whole Alves/Mido thing and relegation.  Would love the inside scoop on recruitment that year.  Should have been given the full season in the Championship though.

I don’t think we need a director of football, I think we need a chairman and a board of directors with Gibson as owner. That way there could be a long term plan in place rather than a series of rash decisions. 

1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

4 of the remaining 6 out of contract players have signed extensions till the end of the season, still waiting on the other 2.

I'm hoping Johnson is one of the signers, he's the only one who wasn't shocking on Saturday.

I had a crazy thought while watching the shambles on Saturday that maybe it’s Boro that havent offered extensions to some players beyond June, to save a months wages! Then he picks them all on Saturday in a “show us what you can do and that you deserve an extra months pay” move. It’s so ridiculous I wouldn’t put it past the Boro at all! 
We will be down to the bones next season - so to leave obvious first teamers out there must have been more to it. Savile and Fletcher should be playing every week. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

I had a crazy thought while watching the shambles on Saturday that maybe it’s Boro that havent offered extensions to some players beyond June, to save a months wages! Then he picks them all on Saturday in a “show us what you can do and that you deserve an extra months pay” move. It’s so ridiculous I wouldn’t put it past the Boro at all! 
We will be down to the bones next season - so to leave obvious first teamers out there must have been more to it. Savile and Fletcher should be playing every week. 

I’m sure I read somewhere that even if you get released in June it’s common practice that you get the next months wage anyway. May be wrong there though.

Regardless, it’s a joke how Ayala was told to stay away but the two who haven’t sorted it obviously were involved somehow. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Tarmo said:

I’m sure I read somewhere that even if you get released in June it’s common practice that you get the next months wage anyway. May be wrong there though.

Regardless, it’s a joke how Ayala was told to stay away but the two who haven’t sorted it obviously were involved 

Ayala was claiming to be injured, so there was absolutely no point in him turning up if he wasn't going to play again anyway.

The other 2 weren't claiming to be injured and were clearly willing to play, even if they don't stay.

18 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Not saying we will see a change but I was looking at out of work managers that we could have maybe looked at:

Neil Warnock
Chris Hughton
Aitor Karanka
Giovanni Van Bronkhurst
Nigel Adkins
Sam Allardyce

I said on here back in October given our squad and limited funds that Gary Rowett would have been a good fit. He took over at Millwall and has taken them from near to us in league to play off contenders in a few months.

The crime is not making a mistake but refusing to rectify the mistake, Mr Gibson. You stubborn fool.

That would emply Gibson admitting failure and we all know that's not going to happen. He's sitting in the directors box watching the same trainwreck as everyone else, but he seems to think that it's better to to go for a budget manager instead of signing one less player and spend decent money on a good manager. This squad should be nowhere near our position. It is so obvious why we 50/50 on relegation. I'm convinced that Woodgate is working for free and Gibson is loving that. Once we go down we are not coming back up. Gibson and Woodgate can then publically pad each others back for the good work they are doing while the season card numbers drop by the thousands. Amateur club from top to bottom.

48 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Ayala was claiming to be injured, so there was absolutely no point in him turning up if he wasn't going to play again anyway.

The other 2 weren't claiming to be injured and were clearly willing to play, even if they don't stay.

He still said he would play the two games til the contract expired same as whoever these two are at the moment? I’m sure we’ll get a different story when he can defend himself.

I get what you’re saying - that if he was injured he was basically ‘done’ here. I’m sure we were told that everyone besides Dani had agreed to play anyway, just another example of how the club is a shambles atm

6 hours ago, macapes said:

Your post implies that Gibson is getting lots of decisions right. You might have an argument if this was 10-15 years ago. 

Since Karanka what has he got right? 

We've gone from being a Premier league club to a team on the verge of playing 3rd tier football and it's all been done on Gibsons watch. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Duvel said:

Your post implies that Gibson is getting lots of decisions right. You might have an argument if this was 10-15 years ago. 

We've gone from being a Premier league club to a team on the verge of playing 3rd tier football and it's all been done on Gibsons watch. 

What a *** mess we have become 

Just get Karanka back, get a DOF in and crack on.

Gibson’s decision making has been poor. In terms of an owner there’s no better we could wish for. As a chairman he’s been terrible in recent times. 

He needs to relinquish control. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, Duvel said:

It's worth pointing out that 4 out of the 5 mentioned as negative by @macapes are literally our last 4 managers. Which goes to show how imbalanced the negative is against the positive when you're talking about Middlesbrough before we were even relegated. All the appointments since the Prem season thus far have ended up as duds in terms of our ambitions. I still think whatever Woodgate comes up with, the fact he has the job at all is simply the result of the years previous so I'm less inclined to pin this on him. But as being reflective of what the club has done in the past 4 years, he further represents the simply incredible fall from grace of a team that could have been part of the Premier League pack if the right decisions were made.