oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

6 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Just get Karanka back, get a DOF in and crack on.

Gibson’s decision making has been poor. In terms of an owner there’s no better we could wish for. As a chairman he’s been terrible in recent times. 

He needs to relinquish control. 

Fat chance of that happening. I have no doubt that he actually thinks he is doing a good job.

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

Nothing will ever change. Gibson won’t relinquish control independently. Fans will never protest or voice negative opinions on Gibson and the current ownership at games. Far too many happy to sit and watch the club slide 

INSANITY

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different outcome .. 

The club MUST do something new, to fight back the rot .. 

12 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

INSANITY

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different outcome .. 

The club MUST do something new, to fight back the rot .. 

Woody is helping us to try out a whole new division - what more do you want?!?

• Haha 1

Just seen Tallentire re-tweeting some bit from Hull Live as they've had their access to the KCOM and the manager taken away from them. Some solidarity but Hull Live have shown 3 articles that the hierarchy at Hull have claimed to be negative and the reason for their access being taken away and there's more awareness and integrity in what they've said about the Allams than the Gazette have ever aimed at Gibson. Standing with Hull Live whilst also having to appease our owner in their own output, pah.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Duvel said:

Your post implies that Gibson is getting lots of decisions right. You might have an argument if this was 10-15 years ago. 

Since Karanka what has he got right? 

We've gone from being a Premier league club to a team on the verge of playing 3rd tier football and it's all been done on Gibsons watch. 

I'm not sure 3 positives, 2 of which I dismiss as ancient history, really counts as "getting lots of decisions right".  

Even if you read it as Southgate wasn't terrible as a manager - though not a great decision hiring him -I  still say sacking him whilst in the top 4 was a poor decision.  And recruitment was shocking, which I'm sure Gibson had a hand in.

Mowbray got us out of trouble, was not a bad option at the time, but wasn't a success.  So, "meh".

One genuinely decent managerial appointment, who got the backing needed, in the last 15 years would be another way of reading it. 

Edited by macapes
38 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Just seen Tallentire re-tweeting some bit from Hull Live as they've had their access to the KCOM and the manager taken away from them. Some solidarity but Hull Live have shown 3 articles that the hierarchy at Hull have claimed to be negative and the reason for their access being taken away and there's more awareness and integrity in what they've said about the Allams than the Gazette have ever aimed at Gibson. Standing with Hull Live whilst also having to appease our owner in their own output, pah.

Ironic isn't it. Everyone knows that the Gazette is dancing to Gibsons tune.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Ironic isn't it. Everyone knows that the Gazette is dancing to Gibsons tune.

And we all know what dance that is 

image.gif.a97b78cf216e810b81f00ee365540ac5.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Id love to know privately what the gazette journalists feel about the boro right now. 

Surely they hate it. I know I would.  Writing about and following the club you support and love should be a dream job. Instead, any integrity they have is sacrificed to fit Gibson’s agenda. For all the gazette articles frustrate me, ultimately I sympathise with their position. ‘Man of the people’ Gibson essentially shafting a local business.

• Like 1

If you remember back the Gazette did stick their neck out and got banned. Just like at Hull.

One of them even lost their job.

Rock and hard place. Speak out and lose access. Don't and get it in the neck from people reading your articles.

If they have no access they have no stories and no content other than critique. 

I feel for them. But it does get a bit of a joke sometimes.

They have been fairly critical since Saturday though.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, macapes said:

I'm not sure 3 positives, 2 of which I dismiss as ancient history, really counts as "getting lots of decisions right".  

Even if you read it as Southgate wasn't terrible as a manager - though not a great decision hiring him -I  still say sacking him whilst in the top 4 was a poor decision.  And recruitment was shocking, which I'm sure Gibson had a hand in.

Mowbray got us out of trouble, was not a bad option at the time, but wasn't a success.  So, "meh".

One genuinely decent managerial appointment, who got the backing needed, in the last 15 years would be another way of reading it. 

Sorry I didn't realise you were being sarcastic at the start of your post. 

1 minute ago, Duvel said:

Sorry I didn't realise you were being sarcastic at the start of your post. 

Honestly, it's not even sarcasm.  Why would he pay someone else, he's happy enough doing a terrible job himself. 

• Haha 1
50 minutes ago, edinboro said:

If you remember back the Gazette did stick their neck out and got banned. Just like at Hull.

One of them even lost their job.

Rock and hard place. Speak out and lose access. Don't and get it in the neck from people reading your articles.

If they have no access they have no stories and no content other than critique. 

I feel for them. But it does get a bit of a joke sometimes.

They have been fairly critical since Saturday though.

The Gazette said they didn't know why it happened. Gibson said it was because of an editor who was no longer there. I've seen nothing to suggest the young lad lost his job because of this if that's who you mean, I don't even know who the editor was who Gibson said moved on, something like that anyway.

It is a rock and hard place as I'm pretty sure I stood on the club's side during the debacle and in hindsight I think I was wrong to do so. If it was to do with what the Gazette were writing then the club was entirely in the wrong for being unhappy at having their local journalists hold them to account.

I made the point I believe at the time that perhaps there was previously an unwritten rule in their 'special' access of the prior years that meant they couldn't say what they said and that's why it lead to it their access being revoked. Well that in itself is ridiculous if true. There's no integrity to a media output that is in any way being controlled by the people they speak about and the access to Gibson or other intelligence within the club is not worth losing your journalistic integrity over. They should be able to report on it and say what they feel is right. They'll always balance it on the positive as much as they can even during bad times as they themselves don't want their club to be a place of negativity.

But right now it's not even allowed to be negative, certainly not where Gibson's involved. The only piece I can think of recently that comes close was one that basically looked like a press release from Gibson himself, allowing him to dictate the narrative. There were no questions from anyone at the Gazette, just a statement in quote form.