oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

46 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

ugh I come on here hoping to hear some ITK'er has heard Woody's on his last chance

one can only hope

what we need is for the players who were injured in December leaving woodgate with no choice in who he picks get injured again, the guy is clueless

• Replies 22.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

Saturday to me looked like players who are unfit and don't know what the tactics were. One or the other understandable but not both.

Clubs seem to have prioritised fitness or organisation. We seem to have done neither.

We can only hope the team for Saturday has the pace and goals to get something from the game.

But I have started telling my son how much fun the one season I experienced in Division 3 was. Lots of cool trips if the club can survive relegation.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, SmogDane said:

INSANITY

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different outcome .. 

Yes but persistence is doing the same thing over and over again until you get the desired outcome. 

33 minutes ago, edinboro said:

Saturday to me looked like players who are unfit and don't know what the tactics were. One or the other understandable but not both.

Clubs seem to have prioritised fitness or organisation. We seem to have done neither.

We can only hope the team for Saturday has the pace and goals to get something from the game.

But I have started telling my son how much fun the one season I experienced in Division 3 was. Lots of cool trips if the club can survive relegation.

If only we had a similar group of players to get us out of the 3rd tier. 

19 minutes ago, boroie said:

Yes but persistence is doing the same thing over and over again until you get the desired outcome. 

I think the club have been taking the persistence for a while now.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Its like we have Monk back in charge again chopping and changing, getting murdered down the flanks yet he still got better results than Woody. Part of the problem is our coaching staff too. What do they bring to the table? 

The coaching staff are the old pals act, but at least they're all clueless, thank god we haven't brought someone in as part of the backroom staff who could actually coach, it would have been a terrible showing up for Woody and the rest of his merry man and we can't have that. 

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

I'd happily welcome Chris Hughton to the club, but can't see why he'd want to take the job at the minute.

apparently Birmingham wanted him and Jokanovic but both want a massive budget.. same problem we supposedly had last summer

• Like 1

Nigel Adkins is probably at the upper end of what MFC could afford and maybe attract. The greater problem however is the Chairman and his shiny new clothes. I'm pretty sure that what has happened at Boro won't have gone unnoticed to many in the game and what would once upon a time have been regarded as a great managerial opportunity will now be regarded as toxic.

10 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Nigel Adkins is probably at the upper end of what MFC could afford and maybe attract. The greater problem however is the Chairman and his shiny new clothes. I'm pretty sure that what has happened at Boro won't have gone unnoticed to many in the game and what would once upon a time have been regarded as a great managerial opportunity will now be regarded as toxic.

Explain how it's toxic? Pulis was given years and cash, Monk was backed, Woodgate even in poor financial circumstances was backed with loans and signings.

We are crap at the moment but let's not paint it as a bad job

1 hour ago, estonpidge said:

I'd happily welcome Chris Hughton to the club, but can't see why he'd want to take the job at the minute.

The type of managers we are after have changed, we are definitely not in that management pool anymore. Hughton wants prem jobs or top 6 championship teams with plenty of money

We need to be looking at upcoming managers or someone who was done well abroad, at a push an experienced assistant/coach like Karanka and Steve McClaren were. But we can't go with total inexperience like.our current set up

• Like 1
4 hours ago, edinboro said:

If you remember back the Gazette did stick their neck out and got banned. Just like at Hull.

One of them even lost their job.

Rock and hard place. Speak out and lose access. Don't and get it in the neck from people reading your articles.

If they have no access they have no stories and no content other than critique. 

I feel for them. But it does get a bit of a joke sometimes.

They have been fairly critical since Saturday though.

Exactly this, all these people calling them for them to be critical when we have seen what happens when they take a hard line with the club. With print media in its current state they'd be mad to lose one of their biggest allies but surely that's where fans come in with in depth takes on the club and making sure those stories are spread widely

It's untrue to say they're not critical either, they've been critical of Woodgate and the performances throughout the season but it would be suicide for them to call for Gibson to leave as some feel like they should. One story from Vickers which absolutely was straight from the club is not the same as them making out like it's all rosy

12 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Explain how it's toxic? Pulis was given years and cash, Monk was backed, Woodgate even in poor financial circumstances was backed with loans and signings.

We are crap at the moment but let's not paint it as a bad job

From one of the best Chairmen in the game to seeming distrusting paranoid nepotism isn't a great advert. Just the appointment and manner of Woodgate in itself speaks volumes. Feel free to see it differently however, its all about perceptions and opinions.