oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

5 hours ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

You know fine well the club wouldn't accept it if they went all out attack on Gibson and the club, do you think journalistic integrity is more important than their jobs? Why should holding the club to account be on the local media?

Also where are we getting this pre defined idea that the local media should be a voice of the fans or a critical observer? There is no pre defined job description for all sports journalist nor for the role of a local paper reporting on a club. They're not investigative journalists, their role is not to assess and value how the club is ran, in fact there is no promise that they need to do anything beyond report on games and put out the content they want.

If you are so bothered, set up a fan group and write an open letter. I am sure the local media would be more than open to publishing it

They don't have to go on the attack, but I'm sure the journalists have the ability to write an article about Gibsons leadership and the direction of the club and still not tear him apart. 

Maybe Tallantire and Vickers genuinely bought into Agnew, Monk, Pulis and the Woodgate project, plenty of fans on here were excited by Woodgate last summer. However, hindsight tells us that most of those appointments have been disastrous and we are still buying poorly in the transfer market. 

There is a story there as we stand on the cusp of the 3rd tier. Most fans don't want to see Gibson torn to shreds by the local media but many are questioning the direction of the club but it seems like the Gazette never seem to capture the mood of its readers. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

Stendel seems like a bit of a snake...

I'd be looking at young assistant managers and coaches who've worked under well established talented managers. We're unlikely to attract the Man Utd and Real Madrid types of old, but someone like Jason Tindall at Bournemouth has a lot of tactical knowledge and is very highly thought of. Would've said Nicky Butt before the assault charges...

Other than that, go down the route of a manager who has a proven track record of operating within a tight financial structure and utilising the academy. Mark Robins at Coventry (if we stay up) has done exactly that, and on a far tighter budget. Some of the kids he's brought through have done a good job. 

Another option - follow the German tactician revolution.

The reality? Gibson would refuse to take a manager already at a club... Mick McCarthy, anyone? Has the Gibson stamp of approval all over it...

I'm starting to think that Woodgate has got something on Gibson. It's the only way I can make sense of him still being in there, when it's excruciatingly obvious to everyone else that he's as daft as a brush.

3 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Well we now have a manager who said "to hell with the rest of the world" when talking about brexit... I dunno about anyone else but I cant throw my support fully behind a man like that. I hope he keeps us up then disappears off into the sunset at the end of the season with karanka riding up in a big white stead. 

If he gets us results do you really care what his view on Brexit is?

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

I am over the moon that Woodgate has gone, but you have to question Gibson and his decision making and timing once again.

3months of lockdown he could of acted and least Warnock could of put some building blocks in place. 

If we had had Warnock for all of lockdown then I honestly think we would have got at least a point against Swansea, if not all three. He would have had our players fit and well-drilled.

• Like 1

Can I claim to be in the know on the count of having Warnock as my display pic for a very long period of time? 😅. Nice to see Warnock appointed am excited about that. Just interesting to see what the long term plans are for the club

• Like 1
1 minute ago, White Band said:

If we had had Warnock for all of lockdown then I honestly think we would have got at least a point against Swansea, if not all three. He would have had our players fit and well-drilled.

Certainly we would of definately been well drilled tactically.

6 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

It does seem strange to have Woodgate still employed in some capacity. You wouldnt think he would be with the 1st team given they are partly responsible for him getting the sack as that could be quite toxic. Unless he has requested to step down as manager to focus on what he was doing last season. 

Can only guess it’s some sort of scouting role similar to what he had at Liverpool? 

Happy enough with Warnock, just glad he’s gone. Hope it’s not too late 

15 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Well we now have a manager who said "to hell with the rest of the world" when talking about brexit... I dunno about anyone else but I cant throw my support fully behind a man like that. I hope he keeps us up then disappears off into the sunset at the end of the season with karanka riding up in a big white stead. 

I'm with you on the Brexit thing. 

On a footballing front hes probably as good/safe an appointment we can make in current circumstances. That said he is getting on a bit right now. I think we may see him next season as well if we stay up. Hopefully and that is not a confident hopefully it will give us time to restructure the club for the future i.e. bringing in a director of football to make the footballing decisions and a long term plan of how we want to play and not alternate from "attacking" minded football to  an ultra defensive brand with the next appointment.

Edited by smogsterking the Inspirati