oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

Mixed emotions for me, as a short term move it gives us a pretty good shout of staying up. You wonder what impact relegation would have on the club. 

The downside for me is what happens at the end of the season and moving forward? 

We either get Pulis football with Warnock or Gibson appoints another terrible manager and we're back here again in 12months time. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 22.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Mixed emotions for me, as a short term move it gives us a pretty good shout of staying up. You wonder what impact relegation would have on the club. 

The downside for me is what happens at the end of the season and moving forward? 

We either get Pulis football with Warnock or Gibson appoints another terrible manager and we're back here again in 12months time. 

Hopefully karanka is waiting for his phone to ring 

Even the fact that we have someone experienced fills me with hope. Warnock who knows the league inside out will be planning a training session to assess who can play where. I can almost imagine him on the sideline making notes and seeing how player x will fit into a team. And I think for me that’s the biggest relief, we have someone who knows what they’re doing. I always felt that Woodgate and co didn’t have a clue what their best 11 was, or how players would play within them. 

I’d wager that a Warnock boro will go for a 442 but give us more width to the team. I think we will have a good structure at last and will hopefully bring out the best in the under achieving players. 

Imagine if he got Ravel Morrison playing like Adel Taraabt. 

stoj

spence fry moukoudi friend

roberts howson clayton coulson

britt Gestede 

• Like 2

my guess is

stoj

spence fry moukoudi coulson

clayton

roberts howson Mcnair Saville

britt 

47 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

my guess is

stoj

spence fry moukoudi coulson

clayton

roberts howson Mcnair Saville

britt 

More likely to see a Pulis style line up.. A defence like... Shotton Fry Mouk Friend. He's not going to trust some kids he doesn't know.

Our defence is just not good enough to play a back 4, I think the formation will be a 532 with wing backs, Most probably Coulson and Shotton as wing backs and then a back 3 of Moukudi, Fry and Friend

I was going to say the only backroom coach I'd have kept is Coyne he worked wonders with Pears in the winter, Woodgate remaining with the club maybe taking over head of academy?

Can't see Woodgate being involved in the senior team and recruitment I don't see how you can have your just sacked manager whose recruitment was questioned almost unanimously by everyone be involved in any way in the clubs recruitment? The best thing for Warnock/the club is probably just hand Woodgate the academy director job and see what he can do with the youth groups for the next few years.