oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

19 hours ago, Changing Times said:

We spent £1.4m this year, on agent fees alone, doing the following deals:

Dijksteel, Bola, Browne, Stojanovic, Mejias, Burrell, Jones, Folarin - permanent signings

Roberts, Nmecha, Morrison, Moukoudi - loan signings

Fry, Coulson, Tavernier, Wood, Liddle, Sykes - updating existing contracts, or signing new ones in the case of Wood and Sykes.

Randolph's sale.

Money well spent eh?  I'm trying to work out where that money has gone exactly.  The inclusion of Randolph in the Boro section suggests that we paid an agents fee for his sale, which was nice of us if that's the case, but I can't be sure if that's right or not.  It could just be how it's been input.

The previous year the figure was £2.6m, while we were doing that belt tightening thing under Pulis.  Interestingly, despite Monk and his agent apparently trying to scam our brains out, the figure was actually lower than that under him at only £2.5m.  The Premier League season was a touch lower still at £2.4m and the promotion season was a paltry £340k.

It'd be great if you could see a full breakdown of it all, including the specific amounts for each transaction.

Where are you getting those figures CT? 

Could you send me a link please?

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

On 6/24/2020 at 9:31 PM, Maccarone said:

Any thoughts SDS on the current situation regarding Warnock? Will he be here next season? 

Might be, pretty sure he will be but maybe not as manager.

• Like 1

Good chance, alot depends on us staying up but dont be surprised if he is here next year in background.  Looks like a massive change of direction next year throughout whole club top too bottom. All depends on survival though

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Raf smog said:

Good chance, alot depends on us staying up but dont be surprised if he is here next year in background.  Looks like a massive change of direction next year throughout whole club top too bottom. All depends on survival though

Sounds just like what’s needed. I think we have a far better chance of survival now than we did on Woodgate”s watch so hopefully exciting times are ahead 👍

2 hours ago, Raf smog said:

We just had a massive change in direction last summer.  Turns out it was more of a downward one than anything else.

3 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Cheers @Islander and @Changing Times missed the Gazette article this morning Gazette. Was wondering what I missed in this thread to prompt CT's post! 

Hope you're both keeping alright?

I'm good thanks mate.  Yourself?

I was just reading through that stuff and thought some of it was interesting so I popped it on here.  I can't quite believe what we've spent this past year given the business we've done.  Football is mental.

10 hours ago, Raf smog said:

Always time for the arrival of Captain Hindsight!

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Raf smog said:

Another massive change in direction from top to bottom. Didn’t we have that with Karanka? Then Pulis? Then Woodgate? Hopefully a DOF and time for it to work.