• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, ChipBarrington said:

I know Woodgate is still here but it could just be that we cant afford to pay him off so have stepped him down to stagger the payments in the hope he leaves...

Possibly we did similar thing with Venus and Agnew. I honestly think its just Gibbos loyalty to individuals rather a conspiracy to get him back in as manager.

31 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Bola, Walker and Liddle are all back in the squad and eligible for matches.

Bola could actually do well in an organised team with a manager drilling into him his responsibilities I can see him doing well under Warnock, Walker I worry will be converted into a makeshift winger under Warnock and Liddle I'm not sure especially if we go 442 there's no chance for him competing for those 2 spots not in these last games anyway.

My one worry with Warnock longer term is his reluctance to put young players in but at the same time I do have my doubts about players like Tavernier whether they're actually up to the level we need it's more the Spences/Liddles/Walkers/Woods futures I seriously would worry about. The 'style' of Warnocks football debate doesn't move me if he's a Boro manager that gets results it's fine by me we got to a UEFA cup final by feeding off hoofs and getting second balls we're hardly a purists dream at any point of our history I don't really care if Warnock wants to smash teams at set pieces if he can crack set pieces he's already one upped Pulis on the 'football *ithouse' scale. But maybe I'm looking too far ahead with Warnock his career average win percentage is 40% we probably need at a minimum that from him in these last games to stay up hopefully it starts this weekend with a win.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Raf smog said:

Good chance, alot depends on us staying up but dont be surprised if he is here next year in background.  Looks like a massive change of direction next year throughout whole club top too bottom. All depends on survival though

Yep long term contract for Warnock, big money bids for Aden Flint and Jordan Hugill.  Jon Obi Mikel on loan... 

Complete change of direction! 

18 hours ago, Changing Times said:

I'm good thanks mate.  Yourself?

I was just reading through that stuff and thought some of it was interesting so I popped it on here.  I can't quite believe what we've spent this past year given the business we've done.  Football is mental.

Good to hear CT, I'm not bad at all.

Yeah it's crazy to think that the agents fees for the whole of League 2 combined, 18 championship clubs spend more individually.

Also nearly quarter of a billion spent in the PL on agent fees, staggering sums of money.

I had a feeling in adversity Charlton would show strength and they currently lead QPR 1 nil. On course for 6 pts in first 2 games since resumption...

Charlton started the season really well and were in the playoff spots for a while.  I'm not surprised that they have come out of this second (mini) preseason strongly.  I think they will be safe.