• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

If Gestede had been a free transfer on 5-10k a week, we'd all have been much more forgiving of his various quality/fitness issues. As it is, he has to go down as by far the worst signing ever made by MFC. Good luck to him in his next club, absolutely no hard feelings towards him but glad he is off the books. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Seems Rudy was also not willing to extend beyond June 30th.

Very telling in that article that club has not wished either player all the best for the fture like they normally do when a player departs.

At least Rudy came back and tried to play out his contract. This sounds more like a move that the club has made to take him out of the squad for the final few games if he's not gonna play in all of them. Rational decision on all sides, I think.

Them not wishing Gestede well though? Guess it doesn't mean that much really but I can't see what he's done wrong since he's joined, in professional terms. He's had the off game here and there and a blip at Newport was it? But generally speaking I think he's played the best he could and worked hard. It's not his fault the club was daft as *** and offered him a huge Prem salary when we didn't need him, well within his rights to stick around to see the contract out when it's doubtful he'll ever get paid that much again. Will hopefully teach the club a lesson about spending a ton of money on crap players. Unlike Ayala, he did come back and play too...

3 minutes ago, boroie said:

If Gestede had been a free transfer on 5-10k a week, we'd all have been much more forgiving of his various quality/fitness issues. As it is, he has to go down as by far the worst signing ever made by MFC. Good luck to him in his next club, absolutely no hard feelings towards him but glad he is off the books. 

Spot on, mate. Lot of hate coming his way at the moment and I get the feeling he's actually a decent bloke for whatever that's worth.

Just now, sackrobson2 said:

You have to ask why the hell Woodgate picked Gestede given he was leaving before the next game. Another example of Woodgate’s utter incompetence. 

In fairness Gestede has look pretty good his last few games for us (or at least not as bad as the rest of the team) and I think Woody had to go with whoever he thought could get us points in the now. 

21 minutes ago, sackrobson2 said:

You have to ask why the hell Woodgate picked Gestede given he was leaving before the next game. Another example of Woodgate’s utter incompetence. 

Maybe Gestede hadn't told him or maybe Gestede was gonna stay if Woody did? Or, not sure about the feasibility of this, maybe the club offered him a lower wage to stay on in the last few days?

I think it's strange that he'd pick Gestede if he knew he was leaving but maybe it's not as clear cut as he picked him knowing he was leaving.

2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Maybe Gestede hadn't told him or maybe Gestede was gonna stay if Woody did? Or, not sure about the feasibility of this, maybe the club offered him a lower wage to stay on in the last few days?

I think it's strange that he'd pick Gestede if he knew he was leaving but maybe it's not as clear cut as he picked him knowing he was leaving.

Yeah but then we can’t use it as a stick to beat him with 😉

3 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Yeah but then we can’t use it as a stick to beat him with 😉

We're about to kick off and people can't even wait until we've conceded to have a moan! 😄

13 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Maybe Gestede was never going to stay beyond the end of June and Woodgate picked him anyway because he's not very good at his job.  Pretty sure I posted something I'd read on COB that suggested Gestede didn't want to stick around.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, sackrobson2 said:

Ok, so are you defending Woody’s decision to pick Gestede in his last few days at the club? 

Neither condemning or defending. There’s a multitude of reasons he may have picked him. Like I said in my initial reply to your post. I think Woody had to get points on the board immediately and if he thought Gestede could do that then he plays regardless 

• Like 1