• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

At least Rudy came back and tried to play out his contract. This sounds more like a move that the club has made to take him out of the squad for the final few games if he's not gonna play in all of them. Rational decision on all sides, I think.

Them not wishing Gestede well though? Guess it doesn't mean that much really but I can't see what he's done wrong since he's joined, in professional terms. He's had the off game here and there and a blip at Newport was it? But generally speaking I think he's played the best he could and worked hard. It's not his fault the club was daft as *** and offered him a huge Prem salary when we didn't need him, well within his rights to stick around to see the contract out when it's doubtful he'll ever get paid that much again. Will hopefully teach the club a lesson about spending a ton of money on crap players. Unlike Ayala, he did come back and play too...

Totally agree mate. He himself has taken dogs abuse when in real terms he has not done much wrong. Whenever I seen him play he has never lacked effort. Quality yes but not effort. And if he lacks quality then it is the club to blame not him for signing him and given him a lucrative contract. 

I am glad we can put that behind us and move forward as a club. We currently have 3 strikers at club. One is heading back to city and both Britt and Fletcher are in the final year of they contract. The latter needs to be tied down.

• Like 1

Warnock confirms Rudy refused to extend beyond 30th June as he did not want to risk injury to scupper his next move. He stated once Rudy told him that he told him on Thursday he can leave the club to which Rudy said he cant leave as he contracted to club until 30th June. To which Warnock said "no you can leave now. I am given you permission to leave off Rudy went".

Poor from Rudy and i did not criticise him in my earlier post as did not know that is what happened. However, if it is how it played out then given how club has looked after him during his endless times out injured, it is selfish he refused to play on given our fragile league position.

3 minutes ago, edinboro said:

Anyone have any idea if any other players will leave before Thursda

Hope not as the 5 that remain in Howson Marv, Friend Shotton and Clayton all have a big part to play. All 5 were in squad today and 3 even started.

Aye. Warnock said he will know on Monday. Obviously if someone makes one of them am offer for next season they may decide it isn't worth it. Tough position to be in.

Must be hard for clubs and players. The PFA seem to be trying to make it harder for everyone banging on about offers of lower wages. They may end up with no wage at all.

Edited by edinboro
24 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Warnock confirms Rudy refused to extend beyond 30th June as he did not want to risk injury to scupper his next move. He stated once Rudy told him that he told him on Thursday he can leave the club to which Rudy said he cant leave as he contracted to club until 30th June. To which Warnock said "no you can leave now. I am given you permission to leave off Rudy went".

Poor from Rudy and i did not criticise him in my earlier post as did not know that is what happened. However, if it is how it played out then given how club has looked after him during his endless times out injured, it is selfish he refused to play on given our fragile league position.

It isn't the best way to end, but I don't blame Rudy for that at all. This is his livelihood we are talking about. If he got injured and then his contract ended, you don't think Boro would be giving him anything do you? He might not get a contract at all if he was injured and then has no income at all. 

No, the only fault here is with MFC, not with Gestede. 

2 minutes ago, boroie said:

It isn't the best way to end, but I don't blame Rudy for that at all. This is his livelihood we are talking about. If he got injured and then his contract ended, you don't think Boro would be giving him anything do you? He might not get a contract at all if he was injured and then has no income at all. 

No fault at all with MFC, other than signing the charlatan in the first place I suppose.  Good riddance to a staggeringly terrible Boro signing.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, edinboro said:

Aye. Warnock said he will know on Monday. Obviously if someone makes one of them am offer for next season they may decide it isn't worth it. Tough position to be in.

Must be hard for clubs and players. The PFA seem to be trying to make it harder for everyone banging on about offers of lower wages. They may end up with no wage at all.

The whole situation is a mess. Hull lose a player for the rest of the season today because his loan expires. The player has been refused an extension as Barnsley are in the relegation battle as well. 

I don't know how but loans should have been until the completion of the league.

By the way I have no idea of hes any good just that it sucks.

1 hour ago, boroie said:

My thinking was more he might think "the club looked after me when I was injured so now is my time to give something back and help them avoid relegation to a level they not been at for three decades". 

Clearly i am asking for too much of Rudy there.

• Like 3

I hope the players mentioned in the Gazette  decide to stay on for us, frankly  Gestede should have been turfed out of this club well before now along with the idiot who gave him such a lucrative contract. I'm sure there's a 1st division club waiting to sign him and he should be able to bag them at least 4 or 5 goals in the season. Up there as one  of the worst Boro signings ever, good riddance to a garbage player, absolute ***. 

That's the number of minutes that Gestede has played for us in three and a half years.  That's the equivalent of about 30 games of football, but yeah, it's probably unfair to expect him to stick around for 7 more games because it might adversely affect his next contract.

• Like 3