• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

We are probably the only team in history that gets stronger every time an expensive player leaves. Frees up space for committed and talented youngsters to actually get a game.

• Like 1

Maybe one of the ITK posters can answer this. It says Howson has taken up the option of a 1yr deal. Does that mean the option was in his favour and this current 1yr deal will be on similar terms as before or reduced wages?

I hope Howson becomes our new DM.

On the topic of contracts, I feel like we need to address 1 or 2 others asap. I'd be looking to extend Fletchers contract for sure, he's finally starting to look like a capable player at this level. Still young enough to improve. Same goes for Fry and Tav. All 3 only got 1 season left. We will save an absolute fortune getting some players off the wage bill this summer so should be able to offer them some decent contracts. 

On another note, I'm looking forward to seeing how some of Woodgates signings perform under a decent manager. There's definitely a player in Browne and with some decent coaching I imagine Dijksteel and Bola could both improve massively as they have the physical attributes to be ideal full backs. 

3 hours ago, TLF10 said:

However, some of us tend to look at things from a moral perspective as well as a legal/literal persepctive and in respect of former he behaved like an a*se imo. 

Nonetheless, we can draw a line under Rudy. Fletch n Britt showed good promise yesterday and I am quietly confident them two can fire us to safety.

I just think, what would you do if you were in his position. I don't think it's immoral, what he's done. He's done what a professional does and that's doing what he believes is in his and his family's best interests. That's why I believe he's stayed throughout his contract and that's why I believe he's leaving now.

If you hand your notice in and the company you're working for asks you to stay an extra month to help them, is it immoral to say no, even if they're in a difficult position? No, it's not. It might be frowned upon depending on the exact circumstances or the company might be angry about the situation but you wouldn't be in the wrong when you're abiding by your contract and the company shouldn't be angry at the person for doing that. After all, anyone who has ever been on the opposite side of that knows you don't often get much sympathy if the company has to drop to guillotine on you.

There are all sorts of reasons you can say no to extending your contract for a little longer. We seem to know his and he feels it's to the benefit of his long term career to leave now and not risk injuring himself again before his next contract. What's wrong with that? We know his injury record and there's every chance he suffers another long term injury between now and the end of the season, he'd be daft to stay if he's worried about getting injured again. I guarantee we wouldn't be offering him a new contract if he did, we'd absolutely leave him in the lurch.

I understand people feel disappointed about Gestede's lack of quality and his injuries and that stuff is undisputable. I'm just not sure why the finger of blame is on him for that. He's also had to put up with fans calling him *** for 3.5 years here and I don't know why fans all of a sudden feel like he should do right by them and put what he feels is his long term future at risk for them. He's had to be a professional throughout that and to expect otherwise from him now is just daft IMO.

EDIT - I meant to say I agree on the strikers we have left though. I honestly think if we can't stay up with the strikers we have, Gestede wouldn't have made that much of a difference either.

1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

I just think, what would you do if you were in his position. I don't think it's immoral, what he's done. He's done what a professional does and that's doing what he believes is in his and his family's best interests. That's why I believe he's stayed throughout his contract and that's why I believe he's leaving now.

If you hand your notice in and the company you're working for asks you to stay an extra month to help them, is it immoral to say no, even if they're in a difficult position? No, it's not. It might be frowned upon depending on the exact circumstances or the company might be angry about the situation but you wouldn't be in the wrong when you're abiding by your contract and the company shouldn't be angry at the person for doing that. After all, anyone who has ever been on the opposite side of that knows you don't often get much sympathy if the company has to drop to guillotine on you.

There are all sorts of reasons you can say no to extending your contract for a little longer. We seem to know his and he feels it's to the benefit of his long term career to leave now and not risk injuring himself again before his next contract. What's wrong with that? We know his injury record and there's every chance he suffers another long term injury between now and the end of the season, he'd be daft to stay if he's worried about getting injured again. I guarantee we wouldn't be offering him a new contract if he did, we'd absolutely leave him in the lurch.

I understand people feel disappointed about Gestede's lack of quality and his injuries and that stuff is undisputable. I'm just not sure why the finger of blame is on him for that. He's also had to put up with fans calling him *** for 3.5 years here and I don't know why fans all of a sudden feel like he should do right by them and put what he feels is his long term future at risk for them. He's had to be a professional throughout that and to expect otherwise from him now is just daft IMO.

EDIT - I meant to say I agree on the strikers we have left though. I honestly think if we can't stay up with the strikers we have, Gestede wouldn't have made that much of a difference either.

Honestly if I was in his position I think I'd play until the end of the season. If I had cost the club a lot of money, been paid millions and not really provided an awful lot in return then I think I'd feel like I owed a little bit back. 

I'd back myself to score a few goals and put myself in the shop window. 

With Ayala, I think although he's had a lot of injuries he didn't really cost much money to sign and overall I think we've had our money's worth out of him. It doesn't really feel the same with Gestede. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

@Adam P Fry signed a 5 year deal in April 2018. And Tav signed a 3.5 year deal in Jan 2020. 

Fletcher still has 2 years left on his deal if I recall correctly.

Ah Transermrket must have all the wrong info on it. I was on there looking at possible free transfers this summer and had a glance at our squad contracts. Said that the ones I mentioned along with Mejias and Britt are only contracted to 2021. 

1 hour ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

@Adam P Fry signed a 5 year deal in April 2018. And Tav signed a 3.5 year deal in Jan 2020. 

Fletcher still has 2 years left on his deal if I recall correctly.

Fletcher signed a 4yr deal when he signed for us in July 2017 which would make him out of contract next year unless he has signed an extension at some point?

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Big thanks to Forest today for beating Huddersfield comfortably. 

And the fake Juninho got a red card. Can only be good for us other teams round us having players suspended