• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

59 minutes ago, Adam P said:

Ah Transermrket must have all the wrong info on it. I was on there looking at possible free transfers this summer and had a glance at our squad contracts. Said that the ones I mentioned along with Mejias and Britt are only contracted to 2021. 

You're right about Fletcher, for some reason I thought he'd signed a 5 year deal with us. He only actually signed a 4 year deal.

Good news. So as u were from yesterday as Ayala n Rudy are the two to leave from the 7 that were out of contract.

Surprised to see Wearne being released. Sure JW was talking him up last summer. But i think he ended up being behind Liddle & Malley. I dont think them two will make the cut here either personally.

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Turned out to be a very good weekend overall.

Gestede was no great loss, shame Charlton and Luton won.

Yep good result Huddersfield one. Albeit technically I think by time we play next we could still be in relegation zone but fingers crosser results go our way Tues and Wed. Then we do business on Thursday.

21 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Stephen Wearne being released is a bit of a surprise, he looked a good prospect in pre-season.

Yeah Nathan Dale,Isaac Fletcher and Wearne were a little bit of shockers in there for me I have to admit. Maybe we were struggling getting Wearne/Dale loan moves and figured them spending the next few months having trials is better for them and their careers I wish them luck.

Glad Howson resigned for a year the other 4 can walk away no point resigning them on first team money when we should be moving past them next season wish we could give Clayton/Friend a proper send off though they've been great servants for us.

5 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Howson has extended his contract by a year.

I can see I am in the minority here, but Howson staying is not a positive for me.   Signed as an advanced midfielder he has never imposed himself, ever. Not sure how many goals he has scored, probably the same amount of assists whilst with us. I note on mfc.co.uk it states he has taken up the option, not the club. I doubt he had many suitors. I expect the contract extension was negotiated when he originally signed so will probably be on similar wages. 

2 hours ago, TAPOUT said:

I can see I am in the minority here, but Howson staying is not a positive for me.   Signed as an advanced midfielder he has never imposed himself, ever. Not sure how many goals he has scored, probably the same amount of assists whilst with us. I note on mfc.co.uk it states he has taken up the option, not the club. I doubt he had many suitors. I expect the contract extension was negotiated when he originally signed so will probably be on similar wages. 

He was legit our star performer for much of the season.. and I thought he did the DM role very well at Stoke, plenty of pace and energy to clean things up, and carried the ball forward well from deep. The ball forward to Tav was outstanding.

Trying to replace Howson is not something the club should be spending its time on this Summer.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, TAPOUT said:

on the plus side, if we go down, we could make 500k on him

3 hours ago, TAPOUT said:

Haha definitely in minority. I think he a hug player for us. As the old saying goes every team needs a Jonny Howson.

Agree he was bought here as a goalscoring midfielder but he 32 now so think he just rearranged his game somewhat and done so very well. He a starter every week for me in that DM role. Let Spence and Dijksteel battle it out for RB role. Dont need Howson there (or Chris Gunter for that matter).

5 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Haha definitely in minority. I think he a hug player for us. As the old saying goes every team needs a Jonny Howson.

Agree he was bought here as a goalscoring midfielder but he 32 now so think he just rearranged his game somewhat and done so very well. He a starter every week for me in that DM role. Let Spence and Dijksteel battle it out for RB role. Dont need Howson there (or Chris Gunter for that matter).

Agree @TLF10 Every team needs a player who gives a good hug 🤗 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

On reflection, with the ringing endorsement of Jonny Woodgate, how could I have got it so wrong? He has been here 3 years and has yet to bed down a position. Suddenly, when we have no manager in place for next year he signs his option. I suppose he is doing what we all would do and looking after himself. I thought it strange that he was happy to play in all sorts of different positions this year, in what I was the final year of his contract. Hardly shop window performances. Now I hear about this option and it all makes sense.  He will be one of the top earners next year, when money is tight. He doesn’t influence the game enough to deserve that imo. 

18 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

On reflection, with the ringing endorsement of Jonny Woodgate, how could I have got it so wrong? He has been here 3 years and has yet to bed down a position. Suddenly, when we have no manager in place for next year he signs his option. I suppose he is doing what we all would do and looking after himself. I thought it strange that he was happy to play in all sorts of different positions this year, in what I was the final year of his contract. Hardly shop window performances. Now I hear about this option and it all makes sense.  He will be one of the top earners next year, when money is tight. He doesn’t influence the game enough to deserve that imo. 

I don't agree, he's had to play in defence due to us not having anyone who could play that role better. He's done well considering it's not his preferred position.

Yes we have Spence but he is so raw and not quite there yet defensively. He could become a good player with the right coaching. Dijksteel has been hit and miss, mostly miss again he could improve with the right coach. 

18 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

It’s all perceptions and opinions. And where I hear yours, mine is the other end of the spectrum. 
Jonny comes across (to me) as a total pro. Always fit, been picked by every manager we’ve had. Willing to play in position, out of position and where as he’s not setting the world on fire he’s solid performer in all he does. Every team needs a Jonny Howson and we’ve got the original  good business tying down a constant performer in this time of uncertainty 

• Like 2