oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

Breath of fresh air reading that from Warnock. I got the feeling that Woodgate really did think football was as “simple” as he described in his early interviews - “score goals, play well, make chances” and that was about it! He told Spence to “enjoy it”, maybe fair enough for his first senior match, but I never got the feeling it progressed much from that. Our new young recruits last summer, where was the evidence of improvements and top coaching? I get the feeling it’s been a complete naive shambles. 

Wonder what Gibson makes of it? Pulis was supposed to have done a massive review and he also recommended Woodgate. I think Warnock’s feedback will be very different. Real egg on Gibson’s face. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

I really don't think Pulis did anything. At least I've seen nothing to suggest otherwise. Came in, spent a lot of money on nothing, aliented himself with the majority of the fans due to anti-football and left our backroom with nothing. I assume the problems Warnock is talking about is the lack of qualified staff members to coach the players. Seriously how much quality have we had this season. We've had two friends without qualifications as manager and assistant. We're well and truely shambles.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ManBearPig said:

Im slow to the party and finally watching the Sunderland til I Die documentary..I’d love to see a Boro version of these last two seasons. 

image.gif.8aef392fa706e453af58a8c575322fa4.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is the most telling quote from Warnock in that Gazette interview, and it's tucked away at the very end like an afterthought:

"They [the players] have all got to do a bit more than they have done."

Pretty much sums up the Woodgate era, doesn't it?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

This is the most telling quote from Warnock in that Gazette interview, and it's tucked away at the very end like an afterthought:

Have often mentioned about the players not playing for Woodgate so would have to agree with your comments

5 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

I wonder how the players feel about the way the club is being run right now. I don't think it's a huge shock that some players are just not producing the same performances you'd expect from them. They have to do better but there's an air of "What's the point?" when the club is a shambles from the top down. Players who have been there at the height of this club's recent history must recognise the downward trend for what it is and how little they could do to affect that, especially when transitioning to Woodgate.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I wonder how the players feel about the way the club is being run right now. I don't think it's a huge shock that some players are just not producing the same performances you'd expect from them. They have to do better but there's an air of "What's the point?" when the club is a shambles from the top down. Players who have been there at the height of this club's recent history must recognise the downward trend for what it is and how little they could do to affect that, especially when transitioning to Woodgate.

If I was Warnock I'd be trying to instill some professional pride and tell them that no one wants a relegation on their CVs. 

If he's staying beyond the end of the season he might be able to sell them his vision of the future. 

It's been a shambles up to this point though since we were relegated so I can understand where someone like Ayala is coming from if he has an offer of a better club. 

• Like 1

I think the reality of the current situation regarding covid might give a new perspective to the players in that they still have a team and are getting paid. It sounds like we may be OK but Wigan will be the first of many, there's rumours of Sheff Wed not being able to pay wages this month and I think lower down the tables more and more will find themselves like Wigan.

6 hours ago, Smogzilla said:

Great quote from Kevin Blackwell in the Athletic today 🤣🤣🤣

20200702_090454.jpg

What the frick is an outdoor kitchen? 
surely he means BBQ 🤷‍♂️
Posh git 😂

4 minutes ago, Uwe said:

surely he means BBQ 🤷‍♂️
Posh git 😂

Maybe an outdoor tap for watering the plants? 💦

52 minutes ago, Uwe said:

surely he means BBQ 🤷‍♂️
Posh git 😂

It's a kitchen that's outside instead of being inside although they are often under some form of cover so could be regarded as being inside outside.