oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

11 minutes ago, Lurker said:

The hearing was brought forward from July. 

The points deduction will be between 12-21 points.

It’s much more complex than the other dodgy stadium deals.

What they’ve done is fraud, sold the stadium to a company that didn’t exist when it was signed off in the annual accounts. No money changed hands as well.

I have no idea how they’ve managed to do it.

Any idea of when it might be announced.

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, Lurker said:

What they’ve done is fraud, sold the stadium to a company that didn’t exist when it was signed off in the annual accounts. No money changed hands as well.

If that is true, there will be criminal implications too. Chansiri is the director who signed the accounts off.

"Company directors have a legal duty under the Companies Act 2006 (“the Act”) not to file false information on Companies House. Knowingly or recklessly delivering information or making a statement to the Registrar of Companies that is misleading, false or deceptive is a criminal offence under s.1112 of the Act and can lead to imprisonment and/or a fine."

Edit: Missed a bit off the post!

Edited by DanFromDownSouth
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

If that is true, there will be criminal implications too. Chansiri is the director who signed the accounts off.

Would a criminal case delay the points sanction? IE for a year or two until the case goes to court?

2 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Would a criminal case delay the points sanction? IE for a year or two until the case goes to court?

Genuinely I'm not sure. My own opinion would be that 2 separate investigations would be taking place, one EFL (which seems to be resolved) and a criminal one. Who knows though, the EFL may be working with the authorities already on this.

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Blanco said:

There must be many situations where disciplinary action is completed before criminal action. If not Sheffield Wed or Wigan could get promoted within 2 years and then because of being under a different jurisdiction could escape punishment.

• Like 1

So depressing that our best hope of staying up is crossing our fingers that other teams get points deductions. The way this season is going, I don't see it benefiting us anyway - our easiest games are gone. They'll fine Sheff Wed points but not enough to put them in serious trouble. 

Never felt so dejected as a Boro fan as after yesterday. The outlook is bleak. 

• Sad 2
16 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

So depressing that our best hope of staying up is crossing our fingers that other teams get points deductions. The way this season is going, I don't see it benefiting us anyway - our easiest games are gone. They'll fine Sheff Wed points but not enough to put them in serious trouble. 

Never felt so dejected as a Boro fan as after yesterday. The outlook is bleak. 

Not even going to take other teams into account and what could/should happen to those clubs who are in trouble.

I look at Boro alone, they are the ones sitting in the bottom 3 and maybe I should simply resign myself to the fact that they will possibly stay there and that relegation will follow

• Sad 1
3 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Not even going to take other teams into account and what could/should happen to those clubs who are in trouble.

I look at Boro alone, they are the ones sitting in the bottom 3 and maybe I should simply resign myself to the fact that they will possibly stay there and that relegation will follow

There will be plenty of time to resign yourself to relegation if it happens Alan. For now hang on to hope as it’s all we have going for us UTB 

• Like 1
Just now, Blanco said:

There will be plenty of time to resign yourself to relegation if it happens Alan. For now hang on to hope as it’s all we have going for us UTB 

Oh I am sure that we will pick up some points Joe but I am not hoping on points reductions to keep us in this league. And hope is like praying it will be either yes or no and we can't afford to wait and see.

Our last four results show that we have 3 points, if the same applies to the next four then last game of the season will not matter

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, Lurker said:

Apparently it's nailed on deduction for this season. I'm surprised the press haven't picked up on it if it meant to happen this week.

Lurker, like you said that sounds extremely dodgy dealing. 

Fair play to Gibson to sticking to his guns and fighting the cause against these clubs breaking the EFL rules. After all, the league is meant to be a level playing field and it's annoying that teams like Derby, Leeds, Sheff Wednesday and Wolves break the FFP rules to gain advantage. We are just unfortunate that Gibson doesn't operate like that.

12 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Apparently it's nailed on deduction for this season. I'm surprised the press haven't picked up on it if it meant to happen this week.

How highly do you rate the source digger? 

The rumours on Sheff Wed and other forums seem pretty 50/50 on whether they'll get off completely or get a deduction. 

12 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

How highly do you rate the source digger? 

The rumours on Sheff Wed and other forums seem pretty 50/50 on whether they'll get off completely or get a deduction. 

I have no reason to doubt him, my information is 3rd hand information but he was at Steve Gibson's wedding so I I would say it's pretty accurate.

I am asking for more information but he's limited to what he can say atm but like Lurker said in earlier post that it's a very complex situation.

I wasn't informed regarding selling the club like Lurker was so maybe he could give more information to that.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, VikingKingAdam said:

The positivity flows strong in you but for me its a done deal, there isnt fight and I feel most of the teams we are playing their reserve team would beat us. Its all over for this season. 

After the Stoke win I thought great maybe we've turned a corner, but that bubble has been firmly burst, fight is what you need in a dog fight and there isn't any. It would be a complete shock if we got anything at Millwall but I feel we're going down with a whimper. I asked can Warnock polish a turd unfortunately not this one.