oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

1 hour ago, diggerlad07 said:

I have no reason to doubt him, my information is 3rd hand information but he was at Steve Gibson's wedding so I I would say it's pretty accurate.

I am asking for more information but he's limited to what he can say atm but like Lurker said in earlier post that it's a very complex situation.

I wasn't informed regarding selling the club like Lurker was so maybe he could give more information to that.

I don’t know much more than what I’ve said. 

Basically, they’re up for more than breaking the FFP rules. 
It’s the price of the stadium (same as others)

Date of Sale 

Date of purchasing company’s incorporation

Financing of the purchase. 

The final 3 have resulted in a greater penalty than what others have/will get if found guilty.

Funny that a Rick Parry legal case could save our season

• Like 1
  • Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Lurker said:

The final 3 have resulted in a greater penalty than what others have/will get if found guilty.

Fingers crossed... as we certainly don't look like playing ourselves out of trouble. 

18 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I don’t know much more than what I’ve said. 

Basically, they’re up for more than breaking the FFP rules. 
It’s the price of the stadium (same as others)

Date of Sale 

Date of purchasing company’s incorporation

Financing of the purchase. 

Apparently Gibson has now got the majority of the backing of league's chairman in his case against suing the EFL regarding breaking of the FFP regulations.

I can't see how this can be ignored and it may have a reason on why the EFL are looking into the possibility of introducing a salary cap across the board (Finally!)

2 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Apparently Gibson has now got the majority of the backing of league's chairman in his case against suing the EFL regarding breaking of the FFP regulations.

I can't see how this can be ignored and it may have a reason on why the EFL are looking into the possibility of introducing a salary cap across the board (Finally!)

Wow. Sounds like some big chanhges forthcoming. It'll be interesting to see the Wedensday penalty and when the news will break. Currently I'm the itk guy on a Danish football forum. Hilarious🤣

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, boroie said:

How 'typical Boro' will it be when both Wednesday and Wigan take massive point deductions, yet we still finish in the bottom 3 😕 

Well then we’ll make something up about some other team 👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
17 minutes ago, boroie said:

How 'typical Boro' will it be when both Wednesday and Wigan take massive point deductions, yet we still finish in the bottom 3 😕 

I reckon we should start campaigning for Boro to have a points addition.

On the grounds that we're rubbish so the games haven't been fair. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Had a complete change of mind we will be ok due to the mess others have got themselves into and that we are about to go on a five game unbeaten run.

My time machine recently finished allowed me to go into the future and I am pleased to report that all will be well.

I will not allow myself to tell you how next season finished

• Haha 6
41 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Had a complete change of mind we will be ok due to the mess others have got themselves into and that we are about to go on a five game unbeaten run.

My time machine recently finished allowed me to go into the future and I am pleased to report that all will be well.

I will not allow myself to tell you how next season finished

Will you at least confirm we score another goal? Or is 5 0-0 draws enough to save us?

Just been reading on the sheff wed forum, they seem to think they won't be given a points deduction until they are safe from relegation and then given a small deduction that still keeps them up. If they are given a deduction that sees them in the bottom and relegated they will appeal the punishment and that could continue for months to come meaning the league cannot arrange the next seasons fixtures

They also dislike Gibbo for obvious reasons and would love to relegate us on the last day of the season.

• Haha 1

Four draws from our last four games got us promoted a few seasons ago. Maybe four draws will keep us up this year? (Four draws plus massive points deductions for all the naughty clubs).

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, ballyclover said:

Just been reading on the sheff wed forum, they seem to think they won't be given a points deduction until they are safe from relegation and then given a small deduction that still keeps them up. If they are given a deduction that sees them in the bottom and relegated they will appeal the punishment and that could continue for months to come meaning the league cannot arrange the next seasons fixtures

They also dislike Gibbo for obvious reasons and would love to relegate us on the last day of the season.

Honestly can't understand the attitude of backing their owners when they've blatantly cheated.

I'd be embarassed.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, ballyclover said:

The point of bringing the hearing forward is to give them the deduction during the season. 

Either way there'll be an appeal. The deduction will be greater than 9 points for the reasons I've said above. 

The reason why they're saying all that is that's what they're hoping happens.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, ballyclover said:

HaHa. No matter what if any punishment, the appeal to prevent next season fromstarting sounds a bit like blackmail to me. Good luck to them with that.