oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

3 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

The administrators were always going to, doesn't mean that it will be overturned though.

I don't believe there's any real reason it should be, either, they've got bad owners, that's it.

Every club in the Championship has been impacted by the pandemic, Wigan are the only one in administration, it's not a Wigan specific issue.

It's nothing to do with the pandemic though.

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

It's nothing to do with the pandemic though.

But that’s why they are appealing isn’t it? Thought they said so last week. 

3 minutes ago, Borodane said:

That will be in the grounds that the administrators will appeal it on, no doubt.  They won't have had time to find anything else, that's if they are even looking, or if there is actually something to find that they could use.  All I meant was that they weren't put into administration because of the pandemic.  This was planned for some time, it's just a question of why.

I said a few days ago that the EFL will try and wash their hands of it, they won't accept any responsibility or fault in what's happened so Wigan will almost certainly lose the points.  The irony is, if the bulk of the money they owe is to the guy who has engineered all of this, then the people who take the club out of administration will have to give him money and if they don't give enough then they'd face another points deduction as described above.  Lunacy. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

That will be in the grounds that the administrators will appeal it on, no doubt.  They won't have had time to find anything else, that's if they are even looking, or if there is actually something to find that they could use.  All I meant was that they weren't put into administration because of the pandemic.  This was planned for some time, it's just a question of why.

I said a few days ago that the EFL will try and wash their hands of it, they won't accept any responsibility or fault in what's happened so Wigan will almost certainly lose the points.  The irony is, if the bulk of the money they owe is to the guy who has engineered all of this, then the people who take the club out of administration will have to give him money and if they don't give enough then they'd face another points deduction as described above.  Lunacy. 

oh I agree. It’s a crazy situation. 

The relevant bit from the EFL update:

A Club can appeal against a decision of the Board to impose a 12-point deduction under the EFL Regulation 12.3.10, and the appeal will be heard by an independent panel appointed by Sports Resolutions. That independent panel will determine whether the relevant Insolvency Event(s) arose solely as a result of a Force Majeure event, caused by and resulted directly from circumstances, other than normal business risks, over which the Club could not reasonably be expected to have controlled. 

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/july/efl-update-wigan-athletic/

49 minutes ago, macapes said:

The relevant bit from the EFL update:

A Club can appeal against a decision of the Board to impose a 12-point deduction under the EFL Regulation 12.3.10, and the appeal will be heard by an independent panel appointed by Sports Resolutions. That independent panel will determine whether the relevant Insolvency Event(s) arose solely as a result of a Force Majeure event, caused by and resulted directly from circumstances, other than normal business risks, over which the Club could not reasonably be expected to have controlled. 

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/july/efl-update-wigan-athletic/

Think Wigan will struggle to show that "insolvency arose solely as a result of a force majeure event"??

I dont know why at this current time i keep getting excited about Wigans point deduction. They would be 38pts.

But issue is not Wigan. Its fact Luton ans Barnsley are now 3 and 2pts behind us. And Luton and Barnsley are more than capable of picking up points looking at they fixtures. And if you look at Wigan fixtures they could also eadily pick up points to leap frog us. We dont look good at all at the moment.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Which is my point.

Yeah I understand that but it shouldn't be allowed to happen and the fact that is happening is at least a part failure of the EFL's.  That's where I have an issue with it.  We're not talking about a struggling business being put into administration, we're talking about some sort of planned move that may well be for some murky reasons.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I dont know why at this current time i keep getting excited about Wigans point deduction. They would be 38pts.

But issue is not Wigan. Its fact Luton ans Barnsley are now 3 and 2pts behind us. And Luton and Barnsley are more than capable of picking up points looking at they fixtures. And if you look at Wigan fixtures they could also eadily pick up points to leap frog us. We dont look good at all at the moment.

Yeah with the way we've played in the last 2 games we could easily finish bottom. 

26 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Let's face it, we are the issue.  Not Wigan, Luton or Barnsley.  We've got games there that we can win (yeah I know!) but we can if we can get our act together.  Then we can do it all again next season 🙂

7 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

1 win and 1-2 draws and I think we'll stay up.

Hopefully we resume picking up points tomorrow.

Yeah I was thinking 5 or 6 points could be enough, if we can get them.

2 hours ago, Borodane said:

As far as I can tell it's the only argument that they can even try to make, and even that's weak AF.