oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

6 hours ago, thatoldchestnut said:

I read they have to pay 25 pence in the pound to the creditors. Why did Boro have to pay the full amount then?

Apologies when I said 1/4 of the creditors, I was meaning 25p out of the £. I should have made that clearer.

In terms of our situation in 1986 I'm not too well versed with the details (as it was before my time). But I'm pretty sure we were going into Liquidation rather than administration. 

I also imagine that the EFL regulations/rules have been updated since 1986.

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

8 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

The administrators were always going to, doesn't mean that it will be overturned though.

I don't believe there's any real reason it should be, either, they've got bad owners, that's it.

Every club in the Championship has been impacted by the pandemic, Wigan are the only one in administration, it's not a Wigan specific issue.

The owners haven't massively overspent and run the club into the ground. From what I have seen Wigan is/are a fairly well run club in terms of finances (in a football sense anyway).

But the owners have literally used the club for some very murky reason. They sold the club to a new owner (a fund) that the old owner was the majority shareholder in. Then immediately installed a new majority shareholder to the fund that now own Wigan. That shareholder bizarrely has no online footprint at all, other than everything related to him owning Wigan. This man then on the exact same day he has acquired the club has placed it in administration. It is that reason that Wigan are appealing the decision.

All of the above of course was signed off by the EFL themselves. Which opens a whole new can of worms.

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-warnock-middlesbroughs-lop-sided-18557976.amp?__twitter_impression=true

So, our squad needs a major overhaul and its lopsided with too many midfielders. No way!

And it was hammered into us from the club via the gazette that Tony Pulis was doing a great job behind the scenes and left us in a healthy position. 😂😂😂😂

I have renewed my ST this morning before we suffer another defeat tonight and I have to build up again to make the call. I think they need to update the 'Welcome' email you get now 😉 

image.thumb.png.201e1695935040397871ba50121f08cb.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1
15 minutes ago, FamilyBoro said:

I have renewed my ST this morning before we suffer another defeat tonight and I have to build up again to make the call. I think they need to update the 'Welcome' email you get now 😉 

image.thumb.png.201e1695935040397871ba50121f08cb.png

Shows how much effort actually goes into communicating with the fans. 

14 hours ago, TLF10 said:

I dont know why at this current time i keep getting excited about Wigans point deduction. They would be 38pts.

But issue is not Wigan. Its fact Luton ans Barnsley are now 3 and 2pts behind us. And Luton and Barnsley are more than capable of picking up points looking at they fixtures. And if you look at Wigan fixtures they could also eadily pick up points to leap frog us. We dont look good at all at the moment.

To be honest I feel bad for Wigan...just shows the perils & pitfalls of foreign ownership. They were a well-run club until Dave Whelan sold it to IEC, who then sold it to Stanley Choi.

As much as I feel Boro are ready for new ownership, I would much rather the club remained British-owned...or at least by a major reputable company that has a track record of investing in & developing clubs. Not some dodgy Far East corporation that will treat it like a commodity.

Guess it shows the existing due diligence regulations aren't fit for purpose when things like this can still happen.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

To be honest I feel bad for Wigan...just shows the perils & pitfalls of foreign ownership. They were a well-run club until Dave Whelan sold it to IEC, who then sold it to Stanley Choi.

As much as I feel Boro are ready for new ownership, I would much rather the club remained British-owned...or at least by a major reputable company that has a track record of investing in & developing clubs. Not some dodgy Far East corporation that will treat it like a commodity.

Guess it shows the existing due diligence regulations aren't fit for purpose when things like this can still happen.

Bury and Bolton both brought to their knees by British owners. It's nothing to do with being british or not.

52 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Bury and Bolton both brought to their knees by British owners. It's nothing to do with being british or not.

I'm aware of that...and I wasn't saying it couldn't still happen.

What I meant was its more likely that a local (or at least British company) that has some understanding & appreciation of football, will run the club properly.

Or if they don't, they can at least be held to account under UK law.

Unlike some company on the other side of the world, in a region that is more notorious for dodgy betting syndicates.

But you're right - there are no guarantees either way.

Edited by AnglianRed
7 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

They've not been a well run club for the last 20+ years.

They massively overachieved and it was all to do with the backing of Dave Whelan. 

We are a terribly run club, financially we have been since 94. 

We are absolutely not ready for new ownership, we will most likely never get a better owner than Gibson. The issue is, he's a rubbish Chairman. 

• Like 4

For every bad example there is a Steve Morgan or John Wardle where it's benefited teams immensely by getting the transfer of ownership right. I just think the club owning the Rockliffe business as well under the plc just would make any perspective purchase of us be extremely complicated even if Gibson was willing to sell it all because Rockliffe land+business might be worth more than our football club at the moment.

• Like 1

I'm fascinated to see what our squad is going to look like next season. Regardless of league I imagine a lot of players will be off. The likes of McNair and Saville must surely fancy getting out of the place. It's not worked for them. Britt will be off.

Hopefully Spence, Coulson, Tav, Fry and Fletcher all stay.

I wonde how many more kids will be ready for the first team. 

A little bit of gossip starting to appear. Looks like we are going freebies and young talents again.

It looks like being end of August for next season. So no time really for turning a squad round.

Does make you think it has to be Warnock if we stay up. If we go down lordy knows what Gibson will do.

Every year it’s another bloody clear out I presume it will be the same this year. Then we’ll change the type of manager we have, he’ll want different players and the whole cycle will start again. 
I’m really not fascinated by it, not with out recruitment.
We’ll be signing has beens and unproven players. There is no plan in place, we need a proper chairman with a decent methodology in place. 

28 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Every year it’s another bloody clear out I presume it will be the same this year. Then we’ll change the type of manager we have, he’ll want different players and the whole cycle will start again. 
I’m really not fascinated by it, not with out recruitment.
We’ll be signing has beens and unproven players. There is no plan in place, we need a proper chairman with a decent methodology in place. 

That is my worry too.

Hopefully, if Warnock keeps us up and decides he fancies another season, he might be able to convince Gibson its time for a change of plan...or even to have one in the first place...

• Like 2