• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Changing Times said:

And so the Gibson pendulum swings again.  Completely inexperienced manager to vastly experienced pensioner.  Golden thread to golden shower 🤦‍♂️

One of the posts of the season i think hahaha

• Like 1

Is Gibbo's new manager policy to only appoint managers who've said nice things about him in the past or have the same view on brexit? Or both?

What happened to our ambition? 

Feels like groundhog day this, Warnock gets the summer to rebuild the club with players he wants and we play horrible, direct football and the results are decent and then when the results aren't decent he gets sacked or retires and Woodgate takes over with a bunch of players who can't play football

33 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Nothing depressing about Warnock for me.

7-8 out of contract, probably need to sell Britt and Fry.. That means 9-10 incomings. We've waited so long for the Karanka squad to be turned over and the man responsible is known for building teams that play hoof-ball. These new players are going to be the core of our squad for the next 5+ years..

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Has Warnock been confirmed to stay more than the end of the season or something??

cant see anything 

Talksport say they've had confirmation that Gibson has asked him to stay and it's up to Neil Warnock now.

7 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

7-8 out of contract, probably need to sell Britt and Fry.. That means 9-10 incomings. We've waited so long for the Karanka squad to be turned over and the man responsible is known for building teams that play hoof-ball. These new players are going to be the core of our squad for the next 5+ years..

I have no issue with hoof-ball if it's effective.

• Like 1

For those who are that way inclined.  Nice little additions to any ‘Man Cave’ 

@ retroclassics.co.uk

B166E803-2EFC-4907-99C0-42548602B140.jpeg

E9B14735-89BA-4574-9500-F6B443686710.jpeg

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

This.  Absolutely this 👍

8 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

This and if you're in any doubt look at the list of players warnock spent money on in his last transfer window with Cardiff (over 1mil). Appearances are across the whole of this season. 

Striker -Isaac vassell (2mil) - 1 app 0goals 0 assists

Striker - Robert glatzel (6mil) - 27app 7 goals 0 assists

Winger - gavin white (2mil) - 24app 0 goals 1 assist

Aden flint (4mil) - not going to say anything, don't need to - 26apps

Defensive midfielder- will vaulks (2mil) - 24apps

The numbers say it all here. And this is the man people want us to rebuild our team and spend what little we have. 

What I don't understand about all of this is that the season before last we had an experienced manager who was supposedly making changes behind the scenes.  Now we've got a different experienced manager who is saying that we need to make loads of changes behind the scenes.  In between that we had a new manager and the golden thread approach stuff.  It's all just nonsense, isn't it?

• Like 4
Just now, Changing Times said:

What I don't understand about all of this is that the season before last we had an experienced manager who was supposedly making changes behind the scenes.  Now we've got a different experienced manager who is saying that we need to make loads of changes behind the scenes.  In between that we had a new manager and the golden thread approach stuff.  It's all just nonsense, isn't it?

Complete rubbish mate. I didnt think I could get more disengaged with the club than during the pulis era but by god they've managed it. It's actually kind of impressive.

So according to the expected goals model, we should stay up.

Here is how the model predicts the rest of the season will pan out. The rating system is explained here, but in a nutshell it’s based on the combined quality of chances that clubs create and allow, rather than their results. I’ve used each club’s current ratings and those of their remaining opponents to predict how the rest of the season will unfold. Each of the remaining fixtures has been simulated 10,000 times to generate probabilities for where each club will finish.

This graphic shows the cumulative probability of where each club could end up, in descending order of average predicted league finish. You can think of the ordering of the teams down the left hand side as a “best guess” of the final league table, with the coloured bars showing the relative likelihood of each club ending up in a certain section of the table:

2020-07-13-model-ch.png

• Like 1

Really demotivated if we get Warnock for next season.  Gibson is thinking with his hands burnt from the young and lesser experienced Monk to build a squad and has now gone to the next extreme of Warnock and his Brexit bruisers. 

what then pains me as a boro fan is we have now had 3 seasons of *** football. I could understand Pulis to steady the ship with Monks departure. But again, not as a long term appointment. We have had 3 seasons of hoof ball with Pulis, Woodgate and now Warnock. For the love of God Gibson, give the fans a manager who will play attractive football. No wonder the gates are low and people are so disenfranchised with the club. Why pay £35 to watch football that isn’t entertaining? 

surely there is a happy medium like Aitor? Defensive first but then when the hand break was off it was lovely to watch us at times. I really hope Warnock decided not to take it due to his age and location. I like Warnock as a coach and the man management factor makes sense to keep us up, but to build a squad capable of good football? Not for me Geoff. 

In fairness to him, he has got promotions under his belt so maybe there is some merit to his appointment if true. I could understand it, but it wouldn’t thrill me. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

This and if you're in any doubt look at the list of players warnock spent money on in his last transfer window with Cardiff (over 1mil). Appearances are across the whole of this season. 

Striker -Isaac vassell (2mil) - 1 app 0goals 0 assists

Striker - Robert glatzel (6mil) - 27app 7 goals 0 assists

Winger - gavin white (2mil) - 24app 0 goals 1 assist

Aden flint (4mil) - not going to say anything, don't need to - 26apps

Defensive midfielder- will vaulks (2mil) - 24apps

The numbers say it all here. And this is the man people want us to rebuild our team and spend what little we have. 

He did make some good ones tho

Sol Bamba- Free Solid centre back I’d have him as a replacement for Dani

Junior Hoilett - Free speedy winger with a eye for goal. 

Callum Pattinson- Free (possibly £300,000 compensation) 1 goal in 3 utility player now worth £2.5m (transfermarkt)

Lee Tomlin - £1.5m could really do with his flair just now

Josh Murphy- £11m Expensive but look worth the money at first needs to add a bit of consistency 

Harry Arter - Loan. I know he’s a 🔔 end but is class at this level