oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

16 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Really demotivated if we get Warnock for next season.  Gibson is thinking with his hands burnt from the young and lesser experienced Monk to build a squad and has now gone to the next extreme of Warnock and his Brexit bruisers. 

what then pains me as a boro fan is we have now had 3 seasons of *** football. I could understand Pulis to steady the ship with Monks departure. But again, not as a long term appointment. We have had 3 seasons of hoof ball with Pulis, Woodgate and now Warnock. For the love of God Gibson, give the fans a manager who will play attractive football. No wonder the gates are low and people are so disenfranchised with the club. Why pay £35 to watch football that isn’t entertaining? 

surely there is a happy medium like Aitor? Defensive first but then when the hand break was off it was lovely to watch us at times. I really hope Warnock decided not to take it due to his age and location. I like Warnock as a coach and the man management factor makes sense to keep us up, but to build a squad capable of good football? Not for me Geoff. 

In fairness to him, he has got promotions under his belt so maybe there is some merit to his appointment if true. I could understand it, but it wouldn’t thrill me. 

Sums up the situation perfectly 

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Complete rubbish mate. I didnt think I could get more disengaged with the club than during the pulis era but by god they've managed it. It's actually kind of impressive.

Half of its the gazette and Vickers sotrytelling *** trying to sell it to the fans on behalf of the club

• Like 1

I dont think people realize that next season with the amount of turnover of players we very well could be looking at another relegation battle in the Championship if we manage to stay up this year.

• Like 2
Just now, Ayresome7 said:

I dont think people realize that next season with the amount of turnover of players we very well could be looking at another relegation battle in the Championship if we manage to stay up this year.

If were in another relegation battle then it will be down to the work done this transfer window coming. We have a very real opportunity to build a squad that will challenge for promotion in the next 2-3 years. The question is what kind of football do we want to see for the next 5 years? I don't want us condemned to more pulis type football - we came close to promotion both seasons but we were still completely devoid of any excitement for the club. 

Hiring warnock puts us in the same cycle, that's what people are concerned about, not whether or not we might be in a relegation fight next season. 

Like others have said, there is a middle ground. There are far more and far better ways of achieving success in this league. Were just not clever or imaginative enough to do it. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Ayresome7 said:

It's scary that we have a huge turnover coming up and it will be brought to you by the team that brought us Bola, Browne, Djiksteel, Nmecha and Morrison.

Hopefully Warnock will have a say in deals. Doesn't strike me as a yes man but he's already praised Bauser.

4 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

We have a very real opportunity to build a squad that will challenge for promotion in the next 2-3 years.

This is the most depressing thing. This is a perfect opportunity to stamp a long term identity on this club/squad.

• Like 1

I still find it unreal how our award winning medical team 2 years later were identified by Pulis as a major problem and requiring an 'overhaul'. Listen if we sell on Britt/McNair/Fry and can cobble together 10 million pound total as a budget and recruit trialists/frees/loans we are going to need someone alot smarter than Gary Gill or Steve Gibson running point on recruitment behind the scenes. If it is Warnock he's always said he defers heavily on recruitment to 'chief scouts' which means Gary Gill will be running our recruitment once again so I have 0 confidence either way with the coming rebuild because we still have miserable failures calling the shots behind the scenes.

• Like 1

We honestly need a manager to come in who has contact's and can pull favours. Like when José loaned Karanka a few players. We need a man who can open doors for the Boro in the transfer market and give us the edge. I dunno whatever happened to that link up with Athletico Madrid and Chelsea like 5 years ago? As they was alot talk about it at the time our u21 went trained their but nothing else happened. We kinda need to become a almost feeder club for a giant club so can get their best youngsters to fire us out of the championship. Just need a whole new strategy at the club from top to bottom as what we are doing now is hopeless!

It seems to be only the fans that can see the failings of a club that makes mistake after mistake, or is it more likely that Gibson and his clowns are in denial.

Quite a few on here don't want Warnock in charge beyond this season ( myself included )because we know the football will be ***, but I also think most of us are realistic to know that its odds on that will happen. We can all put names who we'd like to see in charge next season, but quite honestly you might as well  put Clark Kent forward.

I've said before unfortunately we have a chairman who's football knowledge is very limited who surrounds himself with like minded yes men. If you sat down in a pub with these clowns and tried to have a football conversation you'd leave scratching your head after 10 minutes and realise why the clubs in the ***. 

• Like 2

So it really is a case of relegation or Warnock. What a wonderful thought going into next season. Kind of makes you apathetic about where we finish this season knowing that what's to come is pretty demoralising regardless.

• Like 1