• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

Christ he must be hammered especially on his Woodgate judgement, Monk tried to convert him to a CB if I remember was obvious Monk didn't rate Clayton or Leadboots fair game on that one.

I'm all for Clayton venting but the woe me shtick on his contract situation... I mean the contract we didn't extend was the one you signed in the prem when you had maximum leverage I don't doubt it had a relegation reduction clause but I imagine it was a very nice contract hard to feel sympathy for him on that front.

2 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

I always thought players would have NDAs in their contracts to stop things like this happening to be honest

To be fair he's not said much wrong. He's not really said a bad word about anyone at the club past or present. He's just clearly disappointed about not being offered a new deal.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

Love him bigging up the Aitor years, what a guy

Ah come on RSS, even I would big up Kranky if he was the only manager who played me every week 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

hahaha please let me spin my karanka = hero narrative in peace

Ah go on then seeing as it’s been a good night for the Boro 🤪

• Thanks 1

Well that was an exciting evening of football. And a brilliant result for us.
I really hope this has been a wake up call for Gibson. There is no room for complacency in this league. As has been mentioned, and was certainly cemented last night. Pretty much anyone can beat anyone.

It is a relief and gives some hope that Gibson actually did see the writing on the wall. I thought it might have been too late myself but pleased to have been proven wrong. I am all for keeping NW at the Boro and letting him have a crack at rebuilding the team. He just seems like a no nonsense kind of guy and has done very well in a limited amount of time with a limited amount of resources.

Anyway. I am happy that dreadful season is over, happy we survived on merit and happy that the team seems to have some belief again.

And I am now actually looking forward to next season.

UTB

• Like 1

I hope Warnock  stays. He is just what we need at the moment. Experienced and knows how to get a tune out of limited resources and understands how to maximise the transfer market.

I would be very hopeful of being competitive again next year if he stays.

• Like 2

Anyone know if there a date for when the fixtures for new season are released please?

I assume 2nd week of August once Wigan Appeal and Play off final concluded but cant find a confirmed date anywhere.