oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

If Sheffield Wednesday are to also have some serious points deducted at some point then surely Charlton would have grounds to contest their relegation?

Assuming that Derby are also still being investigated then again Charlton (and even Wigan) could have strong grounds for other clubs having unfair advantages during the season that they competed in? And thats before the ridiculous Rooney "Sponsorship".

• Like 1
  • Replies 22.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

If Sheffield Wednesday are to also have some serious points deducted at some point then surely Charlton would have grounds to contest their relegation?

Assuming that Derby are also still being investigated then again Charlton (and even Wigan) could have strong grounds for other clubs having unfair advantages during the season that they competed in? And thats before the ridiculous Rooney "Sponsorship".

I would imagine the EFL will try and say that the enquiry is still ongoing, so it is impossible to deduct points this season. Feeble excuse I know.

8 minutes ago, Essuuaitch said:

im interested to know what will happen to the woodgate coaching crew, especially leo.

I think that will ultimately depend on who comes in as Manager/Coach and it will be reviewed from there. I like both Leo and Danny Coyne but not sure that two goalkeeping coaches are what was/is required but maybe we keep one while the other moves to become an assistant scout to the chief scout. Coyne seems a very sensible and pragmatic individual who I think would make sensible recommendations. Leo's recommendations could be a hoot and a lot of fun!

16 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I think that will ultimately depend on who comes in as Manager/Coach and it will be reviewed from there. I like both Leo and Danny Coyne but not sure that two goalkeeping coaches are what was/is required but maybe we keep one while the other moves to become an assistant scout to the chief scout. Coyne seems a very sensible and pragmatic individual who I think would make sensible recommendations. Leo's recommendations could be a hoot and a lot of fun!

I’m not really sure what role Leo has been doing from the change but don’t think it has just been GK coach. He is frequently giving instructions to sub players coming on or in the drinks break then take a seat back in the stand. 

40 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Anyone know if there a date for when the fixtures for new season are released please?

I assume 2nd week of August once Wigan Appeal and Play off final concluded but cant find a confirmed date anywhere.

Not too sure, im told the league will start 12th September same as the prem so guessing it wont be that far away

25 minutes ago, FamilyBoro said:

I’m not really sure what role Leo has been doing from the change but don’t think it has just been GK coach. He is frequently giving instructions to sub players coming on or in the drinks break then take a seat back in the stand. 

he's currently a first team coach.

1 hour ago, FamilyBoro said:

I suspect that Leo was Chief Cheerleader

2 takeaways from Warnock's post match yesterday I found interesting:

1) Said Dijksteel could play anywhere for him he absolutely loves him. 

2) Again mentioned internet fans forums saying he visited after Bristol City and Cardiff defeats previously said he'd took a look at messageboards after the Hull defeat.

It sounds crazy but if this is a thing he does I don't think I can wrap my head around Neil Warnock scrolling through OneBoro match threads it's up there as one of the most mental things I've heard a manager do. I just hope he never finds our transfer thread or he'd never sign anyone, well except Ben Gibson!

• Haha 1
24 minutes ago, ballyclover said:

Wolves want 135 mil for traore...hope we had a sell on clause

No one is paying 135m for Adama. Not when Sancho is going for 100m who i think at this moment is a better all rounder than Adama

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Maybe we should retire his shirt number like Birmingham did with Bellingham. 

37?  I don’t think anyone would notice 😂

• Haha 2