oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

Martin Samuel in Mail today has comment over Ayala. . I suppose it is his job to be interesting (I.e. controversial), but it’s debatable whether Ayala thought himself better than Boro, as opposed to thinking he get a better wage elsewhere.

Comment re breach of contract dispute with PFA  is interesting though, if true. SG picking fights again? Not sure it is productive in long term.

Article reads:-
Daniel Ayala messed Middlesbrough around for much of last season. He picked up an injury on January 1 and did not kick a ball for them after that. 

This spell of inactivity coincided with a change of agent, a wrangle over his new contract and the desire to leave in January. With his deal expiring on June 30, Ayala would not sign a temporary extension and was ultimately unwelcome at the club. 

As Boro struggled, coach Jonathan Woodgate lost his job. It is fair to say his employers were unimpressed with the player's behaviour and a breach of contract dispute is with the PFA.

There were suggestions Ayala's head had been turned by Leeds but no move to Elland Road has arrived.

Now promoted, maybe Leeds are thinking bigger than a centre half who will be 30 in November and whose Premier League career comprises 26 matches and two relegations. 

Ayala no doubt thinks he has shown himself better than Middlesbrough but he has shown something else, too, which could be why he is now among the ranks of the unemployed.

• Like 4
  • Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

Pretty sure I overtook Steve Gibson in his Aston Martin Vanquish yesterday. Don't know why you would buy a car like that, then trundle along at 50-60mph.

So you don't get speeding tickets & points on your licence? The fines would be water off a duck's back to Gibson, but losing your licence is another kettle of fish altogether.

Did you notice if he had private plates?

Other reasons to buy flash cars: they're luxurious, they look smart and impress your mates at the golf course. Also good for picking up women (or so I've heard). 😉

59 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

So you don't get speeding tickets & points on your licence? The fines would be water off a duck's back to Gibson, but losing your licence is another kettle of fish altogether.

Did you notice if he had private plates?

Other reasons to buy flash cars: they're luxurious, they look smart and impress your mates at the golf course. Also good for picking up women (or so I've heard). 😉

He was on a dual carriageway though... I was just going to sit behind him to look at the Vanquish's bum for a while, but he was doing my head in going so slow 😛

Don't think they were private plates. Looked bog standard to me

• Thanks 1

Many years ago, I used to work in an Aston Martin showroom. Most of their buyers are older (generally the only people who can afford one), and many of them like to drive more slowly to be noticed, rather than hoofing it everywhere. You buy a Ferrari to boot it off the lights and terrify Nissan drivers at mini-roundabouts, but an Aston is to be savoured. 

Also, private plates are often seen as a bit tacky. I had one for a few years, but it was a bit conspicuous, so now I just have a generic 19-plate on my car.

Think I'm right in saying Adam Clayton had/has a matt-finished AMG Merc with the registation C19YTS? Maybe Gibson saw that and thought 'yikes, that's a bit extra', and told the dealer not to put his K1NGY plate on the Aston?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11645829.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=resp

Warnock's 100% doing promos for Eastern Airways because they're giving him free tickets can't blame him though this is a bloke who took Sheffield United to Scarborough on a December day out so he could get free fish and chips fair play to him he seems to just love life and all it's opportunities at freebies.

Still can't get over the fact he's our manager got to be up there as one of the biggest characters who has ever managed us he's one of a kind.

• Like 1

I actually really like the man and I bet the football we Will see will be better than the last 3 seasons.. At least it will feel better and I think we Will do fine in the league. 

I never got why so many have issues with NW

1 hour ago, SmogDane said:

I actually really like the man and I bet the football we Will see will be better than the last 3 seasons.. At least it will feel better and I think we Will do fine in the league. 

I never got why so many have issues with NW

Probably because of his gammon esque quote about Brexit more recently, I would say. 

• Wow 1
4 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Probably because of his gammon esque quote about Brexit more recently, I would say. 

It absolutely isn't that. Most people won't give a toss about it.

He's been called Colin for years, nothing to do with Brexit.

I love him so far though.

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

It absolutely isn't that. Most people won't give a toss about it.

He's been called Colin for years, nothing to do with Brexit.

I love him so far though.

The colin thing is simply cause it's an anagram of Neil Warnock.