• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Probably because of his gammon esque quote about Brexit more recently, I would say. 

Some of us, maybe. But that issue is split down the middle and has been extremely partisan on both sides so for every person who will never forget what he's said and despise him for it, you'll have some who'll laud him for it.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SmogDane said:

I never got why so many have issues with NW

I think its because as boro fans what we really want in a manager is superstar celebrity Brazilian born in Yarm who has an impeccable record of success but has never managed before who will spend millions on Galatico moneyball signings from the lower leagues  whilst playing only local lads in the first team.

He should be good with media but tell us nothing. Be carm on the touchline but vocal. Have a rigid formation that he changes to suit the players he has. 

It's not too much to ask.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/grant-hall-dark-days-during-18700039

This is a read and a half on Grant Hall that bloke's been through hell and back the past few years.

https://online.boneandjoint.org.uk/doi/abs/10.1302/1358-992X.95BSUPP_1.BOA2012-217

"Patella tendonitis is a common knee injury suffered by elite professional footballers, which results in a prolonged absence and carries a high risk of recurrence"

That is actually a horrible injury he had, almost worse than a cruciate in some ways if it reoccurs with us that's half his contract he'll be missing let's hope that he's over it for good. For me he should go into preseason as captain in a couple of weeks if Ben Gibson comes back eventually I guess there's a debate but in our current squad, even if Friend stays, I'd have Grant Hall as captain seems the perfect type of bloke to lead a dressing room.

I am happy to stick with Friend as club captain and Howson as team captain. Both seemingly highly respected within dressing room and good leaders.

Not the "pointers and shouters" Warnock will look to add but he can add them to the team without the need to make them captains straight away imo. Not all captains need to be shouters and pointers imo.

Hall can play his natural game of being a voice on the pitch though.

Interesting that Pears is yet to have signed an extension. No wonder we've been linked to 2 Goalkeepers so far, Phillips and Bass. 

I do think we are ok in the GK department if Pears signs. Stojanovic looks solid so far, think him and Pears for the No.1 spot, then Mejias as emergency/3rd keeper.

• Like 1
On 8/2/2020 at 1:00 PM, DanFromDownSouth said:

Interesting that Pears is yet to have signed an extension. No wonder we've been linked to 2 Goalkeepers so far, Phillips and Bass. 

Pretty sure it was reported ages ago that the club can activate a +1 year extension to him so he's not going anywhere right now.

2 hours ago, mendieta420 said:

Pretty sure it was reported ages ago that the club can activate a +1 year extension to him so he's not going anywhere right now.

You'd think if we had activated that clause, it would have been announced though.