oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

1 minute ago, DurhamRed said:

The total viewing figure is not know. The 9000 that was quoted in the gazette was season ticket holders using their free code. Doesn't state the numbers who paid to view. 

I think he's suggesting that if only 9,000 season ticket holders used the system for free then how many other people would have paid to use it?  It's clearly going to be a lot less than that.  1,000 people is the figure I remember seeing before and that's at the cheaper price I think although you needed to mess around getting a VPN.

• Like 1
  • Replies 22.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

If you think getting a train  from Birmingham or London is the same as coming over from here then you're a bit out of touch. 

But I dont think that was your point but more importantly I dont think you you were responding to the point I was actually making in the first place. Last season a person in NI should not have been charged the same as someone  30 miles away from the riverside that couldn't be bothered making the journey.

I was being asked to pay the same amount as someone who could have got a bus or train to the ground unless I used a vpn. But the insinuation this season is that people abroad are going to get punished for those that used vpns because more people are going to use the screaming service. I personally think its unfair, but I do understand the other side to it.

No that's not what I'm talking about no, if I've misjudged why you're making that point then fair enough. My post was literally talking about things as they are right now. Where no matter if you're near or far, there's literally no guarantee you can get to the stadium.

3 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

The total viewing figure is not know. The 9000 that was quoted in the gazette was season ticket holders using their free code. Doesn't state the numbers who paid to view. 

Very true, but personally I still can't see many more people shelling out of for streaming codes. Maybe another 4,000-5,000 at a push?

5 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Why?

They're both receiving the same product.

We've had fans fly over from Australia to watch the match, they're still paying the same for a match ticket even though they've made far more effort to get to it, as it should be.

I once flew to Holland to watch Boro play in a game in Eindhoven.  The match tickets cost more than the bloody flights 😭

That really has nothing to do with this however 🤷‍♂️

5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Yeah, I think numbers like that are crazy.  9,000 when it's free does say something, albeit things were pretty bad so you should get a bump for a new season.  Especially with all of the optimism around the club at the moment 🤣

To be fair it's realistic that a lot of Season tickets holders have multiple Season tickets in the household. So they'd only need to be activating 1 code for potentially 2/3 Season ticket holders.

I think in the past the Gazette have mentioned we do have a 14,000 - 16,000 "core" of season ticket holders. But our average attendances are only 4,000 - 6,000 higher. How many of those would pay for streaming passes, and again are they in the same household etc.

5 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

To be fair it's realistic that a lot of Season tickets holders have multiple Season tickets in the household. So they'd only need to be activating 1 code for potentially 2/3 Season ticket holders.

I think in the past the Gazette have mentioned we do have a 14,000 - 16,000 "core" of season ticket holders. But our average attendances are only 4,000 - 6,000 higher. How many of those would pay for streaming passes, and again are they in the same household etc.

I have multiple season cards and I may have given the codes to other people to use 😇

I suspect I'm not the only one to do that.

The mam and dad taking their kids to the match obviously aren't buying several subscriptions and I reckon that alone would represent a fair number of regular match goers?

14 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I have multiple season cards and I may have given the codes to other people to use 😇

I suspect I'm not the only one to do that.

The mam and dad taking their kids to the match obviously aren't buying several subscriptions and I reckon that alone would represent a fair number of regular match goers?

Worse than those VPNers 😉

Yeah that's my train of thought to. I think we'd be lucky to hit 15,000 on a regular basis, of which maybe a third would be fee paying. Hopefully the limited crowds work and we can get back to normal and fill 2/3 of the Riverside on match days again.

It's pretty strange, I have family out in New Zealand and when their shortened Rugby season started back in June they had 15-20k in stadiums on a regular basis. I think 1 game had over 40k in attendance. Whilst at the same time our football was just getting restarted behind closed doors.

19 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Worse than those VPNers 😉

Yeah that's my train of thought to. I think we'd be lucky to hit 15,000 on a regular basis, of which maybe a third would be fee paying. Hopefully the limited crowds work and we can get back to normal and fill 2/3 of the Riverside on match days again.

It's pretty strange, I have family out in New Zealand and when their shortened Rugby season started back in June they had 15-20k in stadiums on a regular basis. I think 1 game had over 40k in attendance. Whilst at the same time our football was just getting restarted behind closed doors.

They didn't have it as bad as us is the difference I suppose.

8 hours ago, thatoldchestnut said:

So let me get this right. I live in Cyprus and unlike last season I can't get a subscription to watch all league games home and away. Apart from those on sky and those chosen for foreign coverage. I can't get BBC Tees to even listen to the games. If that is the case then how fair is that.

Yeah mate it’s looking really stupidly thought out this. I’ve just looked at trying to get the stream on Friday and it’s not even an option for overseas people, all we can get is a radio commentary. Its Bonkers if they aren't going to let me pay them for something they could easily let me buy, throwing money away. Who makes these decisions? Whose interest is it in to deny overseas people the option to pay to watch? 

Edited by sackrobson2

Yeah, whose interest is it in to deny overseas people the option to watch? 

#OVERSEASPEOPLEMATTER

Well, the easy way to stop people using VPN, would be to demand a picture of overseas people's passport or drivers license .. Then you could document, where you lived .. 

I think it's strange that people living in Croatia, Spain or even Denmark should pay the ball for the ones not being able to go to the games as normal.. 

Last season I paid (legally) 120 odd pounds to stream the games _ why should I pay that amount 4 times for the same product this year? 

That's not the way to keep your overseas fans!

I would happily pay say 200 pounds .. but *** not 500 pounds!

• Like 2
4 hours ago, sackrobson2 said:

Yeah mate it’s looking really stupidly thought out this. I’ve just looked at trying to get the stream on Friday and it’s not even an option for overseas people, all we can get is a radio commentary. Its Bonkers if they aren't going to let me pay them for something they could easily let me buy, throwing money away. Who makes these decisions? Whose interest is it in to deny overseas people the option to pay to watch? 

I agree totally, and it needs to be a better standard of than anything they have produced up to now. 

10 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

I'm expecting Warnock to lead us to the promised land 🤩

They've just been to the Promised land Cornwall...Jesus was going to be born there...But couldn't find three wise men or a Virgin

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
12 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

I don't know how carayol thought he was the best player at the club 🤣 the reason he didn't play under Karaka was because Aitor could not trust the guy to track back defend for that cleansheet. 

Crayola Was def not the best player at the club...Hot & cold not bothering to help the defence...I was glad to see the back of him