oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

Will, can we agree, that if stadiums still had a possibility to have full house, then I, as an overseas fan,  could still buy the season streaming pass ...? 

So I and other overseas fans pay for the lost ticket income .. 

It has got to do with VPN .. But there is, as I mentioned earlier, ways to fix that issue .. 

The people living in the area, who normally go to games, here am I not talking about season card holders, can buy streams for 10 pounds, which is new to them .. and a cheaper solution to buy 10-15 games a season instead of going to 10-15 games a season .. 

But for overseas fans streaming is not a new thing .. but the same shitty product is now 4 times more expensive.. (if you want all games) 

Now I will pick out games and pay for them .. but maybe only like 10 games max .. Which will see me pay LESS to the club, than I would if a season streaming pass could be bought for like up to 250 pounds .. 

It's outrageous and crazy bad bussines .. And I bet some overseas fans will lose interest  along the road back to normal ways

• Like 1
  • Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

Mate, how many people who are streaming the games do you think are doing it via a VPN? How is this possibly their fault? 

Of course, when the revenue from international fans is just added revenue then I'd fight for it to be cheap. The clubs wouldn't need the revenue then. If, when this is all over, the club stick to this pricing then damn right I'll be mad for you. Then we'll know the club is just capitalising on all revenue streams rather than making up for unexpected losses in others.

I reckon it will be more expensive when it does come back but as you say, anything over £200 is just daft in those better times. But I do still think £120 is craaaazy cheap.

I don't think the price is gonna be right for everyone but I'm willing to bet some still will pay for more than 12 games. That, plus the addition of domestic UK customers, should bear more fruit than what international fans alone gave the club last year per match.

I normally attend 8-9 games in person a season and used a streaming season ticket to enable me to watch every single match the club played in a season. Have been doing this for about 4 years now to do it this year they want everyone to pay a season ticket price yet have no opportunity to go to the stadium. Crazy will mean I may watch 1 important game a month pray the rest are on sky sports but  overall results in the club receiving Less Money. In addition I know many season ticket holders who paid for the passes as it meant they could watch all the away games and midweek games they couldn't attend now they will have to pay a fortune to watch them away games that aren't mid week. Alongside this is no concession pricing say a retirement person over 70+ who will spend the season shielding has to pay a fortune to watch their team on a glitchy website. All this results in fans watching their side alot less this season resulting in lower engagement with the club over the long term = less revenue. Is so poorly thought out.  So angry the EFL have sought to a money grabbing scheme due to football being so poorly managed financially. 

57 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Will, can we agree, that if stadiums still had a possibility to have full house, then I, as an overseas fan,  could still buy the season streaming pass ...? 

So I and other overseas fans pay for the lost ticket income .. 

It has got to do with VPN .. But there is, as I mentioned earlier, ways to fix that issue .. 

The people living in the area, who normally go to games, here am I not talking about season card holders, can buy streams for 10 pounds, which is new to them .. and a cheaper solution to buy 10-15 games a season instead of going to 10-15 games a season .. 

But for overseas fans streaming is not a new thing .. but the same shitty product is now 4 times more expensive.. (if you want all games) 

Now I will pick out games and pay for them .. but maybe only like 10 games max .. Which will see me pay LESS to the club, than I would if a season streaming pass could be bought for like up to 250 pounds .. 

It's outrageous and crazy bad bussines .. And I bet some overseas fans will lose interest  along the road back to normal ways

Me? wtf

42 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Mate, how many people who are streaming the games do you think are doing it via a VPN? How is this possibly their fault? 

Of course, when the revenue from international fans is just added revenue then I'd fight for it to be cheap. The clubs wouldn't need the revenue then. If, when this is all over, the club stick to this pricing then damn right I'll be mad for you. Then we'll know the club is just capitalising on all revenue streams rather than making up for unexpected losses in others.

I reckon it will be more expensive when it does come back but as you say, anything over £200 is just daft in those better times. But I do still think £120 is craaaazy cheap.

I don't think the price is gonna be right for everyone but I'm willing to bet some still will pay for more than 12 games. That, plus the addition of domestic UK customers, should bear more fruit than what international fans alone gave the club last year per match.

I disagree. You can get a whole 24 hours of access to every SkySports channel there is for £10 over here, so if you buy it at the right time you'd be able to watch 3-5 football matches for your £10 and any other sport you want outside of that. All professionally produced, ultra HD with build up, half time and post game stuff. Compare that to the iFollow offering (or whatever it is now), you get 2 hours, no build up, no half time, no post game, not very well produced, poor picture quality, radio commentary which is going out anyway. £10 is an absolute rip off for the product that they are offering.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Barnaby said:

Normality is eons away 409 more clambered out of Dinghys yesterday bringing all sorts of diseases

Stick to the football and keep disgusting stuff like this off of here. Sounds like something you'd hear at a local clan meeting. I'm not having it on here.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, Will said:

I disagree. You can get a whole 24 hours of access to every SkySports channel there is for £10 over here, so if you buy it at the right time you'd be able to watch 3-5 football matches for your £10 and any other sport you want outside of that. All professionally produced, ultra HD with build up, half time and post game stuff. Compare that to the iFollow offering (or whatever it is now), you get 2 hours, no build up, no half time, no post game, not very well produced, poor picture quality, radio commentary which is going out anyway. £10 is an absolute rip off for the product that they are offering.

I mean, if you put it like that, I should spend a tenner on Sky Sports rather than attend my club's actual games when things are normal.

19 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I completely missed that. What a strikingly disgusting take.

It’s dealt with. 

We move on

• Like 1
Just now, wilsoncgp said:

I mean, if you put it like that, I should spend a tenner on Sky Sports rather than attend my club's actual games when things are normal.

Lets try not to be silly, I'm comparing two streaming services, going to a match offers a different experience that no streaming service could ever match.

7 minutes ago, Will said:

Lets try not to be silly, I'm comparing two streaming services, going to a match offers a different experience that no streaming service could ever match.

Yeah, one is a massive sports service with... how many years of continuous offerings? With how many customers? Who buy a pass for X amount of reasons?

We provided a service because we had to and unlike some clubs, after one season we made an effort to improve it and offer more than the basic one camera set-up. It is targeted at a a relatively small consumer base, it's just Boro fans.

Not to mention that the point you've bolded and disagreed with is that £120 is cheap. You weren't targeting the £10 per match offering but then responded to it like I was saying £10 was cheap.