oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

2 hours ago, Barnaby said:

Normality is eons away 409 more clambered out of Dinghys yesterday bringing all sorts of diseases

Keep your xenophobic remarks to yourself. Completely unacceptable comment.

EDIT: Just saw the mods have already commented, my bad.

• Angry 1
  • Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Geordies have cancelled the Monday friendly, Stevie Bruce didn't want the smoke...

4dpi4r.jpg

image.gif.4c65b1cdb9f488cd60fc86e47ef1619a.gif

• Haha 1

Warnock's a superstitious sod, wouldn't surprise me if he vacated the #10 because he gave Zohore the #10 shirt at Cardiff when they won promotion.

The number 1 confirms what we know which he's smart not to say publicly but he doesn't trust Stoj enough and Pears probably needs to get himself a move 3rd choice is a killer for him.

Marv as no.3 rewards him and should fire Coulson/Bola up still think Johnson has stuff to work on but as a wingback not a fullback I'm more comfortable with that.

24 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

No number 1

And where's  Meijas???

I like to think they give the shirt numbers the same way they do at school. All sat around whilst the manager dips into a black bin bag and throws the shirt to the player. 
obviously No1 was tossed to Meijas which he promptly dropped so maybe NW is re-thinking that decision 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
6 minutes ago, Uwe said:

I like to think they give the shirt numbers the same way they do at school. All sat around whilst the manager dips into a black bin bag and throws the shirt to the player. 
obviously No1 was tossed to Meijas which he promptly dropped so maybe NW is re-thinking that decision 🤷‍♂️

Having said that any of the three keepers could have done that!!!

I'm gutted that Stojanović didn't get the number 1 shirt.

I also dislike that some people have written Stojanović off already. We spent about 1 million pounds on him when we didn't have much to spend. The company our Senior Analyst used to work for was also involved in the transfer, so they must have seen something in him as well.

He came into a team in absolute chaos, managed by an incompetent clown. His goalkeeping coach was someone who is no longer employed at the club. In our time with us he only played eight games, which to some of our fans is enough to write him off. Let's not forget that he came into a shitshow of a team from a different country, with a language that isn't his native tongue.

Yeah he made a couple of mistakes in some big games but he's only human and was thrown into a stupidly tough situation. He also pulled off some very quality saves. Of course there's a lot to be questioned about his ability to collect the ball, but that always improves with confidence and a stable backline.

Edited by Weasel
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, Weasel said:

I'm gutted that Stojanović didn't get the number 1 shirt.

I also dislike that some people have written Stojanović off already. We spent about 1 million pounds on him when we didn't have much to spend. The company our Senior Analyst used to work for was also involved in the transfer, so they must have seen something in him as well.

He came into a team in absolute chaos, managed by an incompetent clown. His goalkeeping coach was someone who is no longer employed at the club. In our time with us he only played eight games, which to some of our fans is enough to write him off. Let's not forget that he came into a shitshow of a team from a different country, with a language that isn't his native tongue.

Yeah he made a couple of mistakes in some big games but he's only human and was thrown into a stupidly tough situation. He also pulled off some very quality saves. Of course there's a lot to be questioned about his ability to collect the ball, but that always improves with confidence and a stable backline.

I get what you're saying but he's gash.

• Confused 1