oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

EFL set the prices for everyone in the UK*  I think. 

We haven't announced an international pass yet so it's either in the works or we're intentionally shafting our international fans (sorry CT, still think they're being shafted).

Which is also a bit *** when you consider how Watford have only just got this stream thing going this season and we've been using it since it started, yet they've already sorted out something for their international subscribers.

• Replies 22.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Which is also a bit *** when you consider how Watford have only just got this stream thing going this season and we've been using it since it started, yet they've already sorted out something for their international subscribers.

Well, yeah, we've actually managed to remove the feature for international subscribers, so we're going backwards 🙂

• Haha 1
27 minutes ago, Brunners said:

EFL set the prices for everyone in the UK*  I think. 

We haven't announced an international pass yet so it's either in the works or we're intentionally shafting our international fans (sorry CT, still think they're being shafted).

Or, we are treating our international fans the same way as we are treating our domestic fans.  I thought everyone was for equality these days?

The thing that narks me off the most about our crappy live streaming service is that we were the first club in the world to launch our own TV channel! What an amazing opportunity that was to build a media legacy, carve a niche ahead of the curve, and attract floating fans by keeping the service going. Instead (as with so many things at this club), we *** the opportunity away, let it wither and die, and now we're asking people to pay £10 to watch footage from a stoned YTS trainee standing on the gantry with a single camera, as he provides replay-free coverage of most of the pitch.

***-poor from MFC yet again. Why are we so adept at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory?

1 hour ago, RiseAgainst said:

The thing that narks me off the most about our crappy live streaming service is that we were the first club in the world to launch our own TV channel! What an amazing opportunity that was to build a media legacy, carve a niche ahead of the curve, and attract floating fans by keeping the service going. Instead (as with so many things at this club), we *** the opportunity away, let it wither and die, and now we're asking people to pay £10 to watch footage from a stoned YTS trainee standing on the gantry with a single camera, as he provides replay-free coverage of most of the pitch.

***-poor from MFC yet again. Why are we so adept at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory?

If you're talking about Boro TV, it was NTL that pulled the plug, not the club.

10 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Or, we are treating our international fans the same way as we are treating our domestic fans.  I thought everyone was for equality these days?

I’d settle for equality, I didn’t have the option to buy the stream last night, only commentary. 

14 hours ago, Changing Times said:

I had the season pass last year, which I thought was great value, even with all the issues mentioned.

I initially, thought £10 per game is too much, but I'll pay it. Although, I will choose my matches, mainly due to the 8.5 - 10.5 hour time difference.

I have absolutely no issue with everyone, wherever in the World, being charged the same for the same product/service.

I would of thought though, that a multi-game discount would be the reasonable thing to offer -  keep the £10/game individual price, but say £7.50/game for a 10 game pass. 

If the real reason behind the pricing is not knowing when supporters will be allowed back in to stadiums, it could be reviewed every 10 games.

I suspect that the price is now set and people will learn to accept it, either purchasing or not and the football authorities don't really care about their paying customers.

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-warnock-takes-closer-look-18885109

Warnock spending the weekend at Rockliffe despite him giving the senior squad the weekend off, U23s beat Darlington 4-2 with goals from Walker, Folarin and a double from Burrell.

Could come under pressure this season Burrell, that Cole Kiernan lad from Sunderland looks sharp and if Calum Kavanagh keeps progressing at the rate people expect he could be in the U23 picture by christmas.

• Like 1

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8701787/Neil-Warnock-talks-Oliver-Holt-Middlesborough-promotion-dream.html

‘I’ve heard a few people talking about us aiming for a mid-table season,’ he says. ‘Look, I’m 71. Mid-table doesn’t do it for you when you’re 71. In for a penny, in for a pound. I want to be challenging at the top. If we end up in mid-table then it won’t be for wont of trying to be up there with the leading teams in the division. It won’t be easy but I’ve got a good group of young players here already.’

I'm convinced he reads the forum regularly at this point I know he's admitted multiple times to reading the forums/messageboards but the 'really we are aiming for mid table' stuff was prominent on here over the past week or so.

Good interview there though he seems happy with things.

• Like 1
Just now, Jamie-H said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8701787/Neil-Warnock-talks-Oliver-Holt-Middlesborough-promotion-dream.html

I'm convinced he reads the forum regularly at this point I know he's admitted multiple times but the 'really we are aiming for mid table' stuff was prominent on here over the past week or so.

Good interview there though he seems happy with things.

There's a couple of concerning things about this for me -

FIrst off hes lifting the expectations through the roof again- the fans are going to turn quick if they're told that were going to challenge for promotion and we end up languishing in lower midtable, which I feel is more likely given the current state of the squad regardless of who's in charge. 

Secondly, last season warnock walked with Cardiff in 14th because he felt he couldn't get the team any higher than they were and that he wouldn't be able to get them to challenge. If we're sitting in a similar position 3-4 months into the season, the likelihood is that he'll do the same here and God knows where that will leave us.

• Angry 1
22 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

There's a couple of concerning things about this for me -

FIrst off hes lifting the expectations through the roof again- the fans are going to turn quick if they're told that were going to challenge for promotion and we end up languishing in lower midtable, which I feel is more likely given the current state of the squad regardless of who's in charge. 

Secondly, last season warnock walked with Cardiff in 14th because he felt he couldn't get the team any higher than they were and that he wouldn't be able to get them to challenge. If we're sitting in a similar position 3-4 months into the season, the likelihood is that he'll do the same here and God knows where that will leave us.

When you hate something, you really hate it don't you. Johnson & Warnock could literally buy you a house and you'd still call out a broken lightbulb or something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
Just now, Brunners said:

When you hate something, you really hate it don't you. Johnson & Warnock could literally buy you a house and you'd still call out a broken lightbulb or something.

After consecutive reigns from woodgate and pulis I just have a very low tolerance for bs from our manager. And that's what this is, same old pr crap to get the fans on side. Would you be happy to admit that warnock has failed if we finish 10th-12th this season?