oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

4 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

After consecutive reigns from woodgate and pulis I just have a very low tolerance for bs from our manager. And that's what this is, same old pr crap to get the fans on side. Would you be happy to admit that warnock has failed if we finish 10th-12th this season?

To be clear, I think he'll have done a good job to guide this squad to that finish - I just think by his own expectations and targets that he's now set himself it will have to be considered a failure. Its unnecessary pressure.

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

To be clear, I think he'll have done a good job to guide this squad to that finish - I just think by his own expectations and targets that he's now set himself it will have to be considered a failure. Its unnecessary pressure.

Yes, he'd consider it a failure.

9 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

After consecutive reigns from woodgate and pulis I just have a very low tolerance for bs from our manager. And that's what this is, same old pr crap to get the fans on side. Would you be happy to admit that warnock has failed if we finish 10th-12th this season?

I would be happy to admit that Warnock would consider it a failure, yes.

Seeing the results thought yesterday alot of championship sides expected to be challenging at the right end of the division were beaten by lower league opposition. Newport beat Swansea 2-0, Cardiff lost 3-0 to Northampton, QPR  beaten 3-2 by Plymouth. Karanka Birmingham lost 1-0 Cambridge at home, Derby needed penalties against Barrow and then the favourites for promotion Norwich beaten 2-1 by Luton. So we may have problems in our squad but also do alot rivals.  This is why the championship is special everyside is pretty much rubbish. That's why the tactics and structure of how you play is so important and have faith in Warnock to get us in the playoff mix. 

11 hours ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

I don't think anyone's ever said Warnock isn't aiming as high as possible, more that the club aren't matching his ambitions 

The suggestion has absolutely been made multiple times that he is coming in for one last payday or that he's just coming in to steady the ship.

11 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

Why is it unnecessary pressure? Why is that pressure not a given when he's here? He's here for a single season, why not give it your all and push for promotion? Everything he's said is absolutely in line with what I was already expecting. He's got a record of doing it, he's here for one year, why should the expectation of the manager be anything less than a promotion challenge?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Why is it unnecessary pressure? Why is that pressure not a given when he's here? He's here for a single season, why not give it your all and push for promotion? Everything he's said is absolutely in line with what I was already expecting. He's got a record of doing it, he's here for one year, why should the expectation of the manager be anything less than a promotion challenge?

Simple really - we don't have the squad to do it.

4 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

Simple really - we don't have the squad to do it.

So what do you want him to say? That our squad isn't that good so we're probably not gonna have a chance? Set the expectations low so we aren't surprised by a bad season but meant to be overawed by a higher finish? That's Pulis talk.

The base squad hasn't even changed that much since Pulis left, we've lost maybe 2 players who people would have wanted to keep since then for Warnock in Randolph and Ayala. Everyone else has had big critics on here the last year or two, Downing, Gestede, Friend, Shotton, Clayton, etc. Players people would look at now and not see as improving the team. If the squad Pulis had was good enough for 7th, there's no reason this squad isn't a few additions away from fighting in that area again this season.

I think Woodgate has made people forget we actually have some good players, still.

• Like 8
9 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Why is it taking so long to announce a price on the overseas pass? Seems bizarre!

probably have to agree with the EFL and other clubs.

looks like the prioritised the plan for UK Based fans first, which is fair enough.

the Watford game is on Sky so no need to rush the announcement from our perspective, but still expect some more info in the coming days

did a quick check on some other club sites

they alredy have the price annouced - 140 pound / 166 euro for overseas is the standard price for the season

Derby have a monthly sub for 12.50

last year boro had a special offer on, maybe we are still trying to get that approved? or maybe we're just not in a rush as the first game isn't available overseas.