oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

Sun Sports is saying Calum Kavanagh  has signed a new three year deal, despite Arsenal trying to get him to move. Sounds like a real prospect. Be nice if we could actually get a real hot shot striker from our Academy for once.

• Like 2
  • Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

Sun Sports is saying Calum Kavanagh  has signed a new three year deal, despite Arsenal trying to get him to move. Sounds like a real prospect. Be nice if we could actually get a real hot shot striker from our Academy for once.

I've gone on about him before on here but I really do think he could be the real deal. 

A lot of strikers who shine at u18/u23 level do so because of physical attributes. You often see strikers who are big for their age dominate at this level before being found out when they move up.

Kavanagh isn't like that. Hes average build for his age and is often dwarfed by bulky cb's on opposite teams. 

Instead, he causes chaos with a great ability to press and harass defenders (he will often rob centre backs of possession in dangerous areas) and he has great striking instincts/positional awareness. 

I have no doubt he will score shedloads this season. Cant wait to see how he progresses.

• Like 6
51 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

I've gone on about him before on here but I really do think he could be the real deal. 

A lot of strikers who shine at u18/u23 level do so because of physical attributes. You often see strikers who are big for their age dominate at this level before being found out when they move up.

Kavanagh isn't like that. Hes average build for his age and is often dwarfed by bulky cb's on opposite teams. 

Instead, he causes chaos with a great ability to press and harass defenders (he will often rob centre backs of possession in dangerous areas) and he has great striking instincts/positional awareness. 

I have no doubt he will score shedloads this season. Cant wait to see how he progresses.

Fair play @Smogzilla you have indeed talked about him for a few seasons now. I really hope you are spot on 👍

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I dunno, I'm on Strachan's side, I don't remember the game but he definitely did not stop that cross. 😬

I do remember the game, it was just before Xmas and it was on the box on a Sunday lunchtime.  Brad Jones flapping at crosses is a memory I have of that day.

There you go.  Unsurprisingly, the culprit was Justin Hoyte, although I think the person that Strachan feels is to blame was Julio Arca, who is in the general vicinity.  The goal is around the 2:35 mark, Jones didn't actually flap at the cross in fairness, he just kind of half came then went back.  Hoyte at left back, I can't think of anyone who would want to see that.

The next video is the home game later in the season featuring a lovely goal from Barry Robson, one of the few things that Strachan got right in his time here, and goal scoring hero Scott McDonald's first goal in a Boro shirt.  Barry Robson would be useful for us now, canny player.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Changing Times said:

There you go.  Unsurprisingly, the culprit was Justin Hoyte, although I think the person that Strachan feels is to blame was Julio Arca, who is in the general vicinity.  The goal is around the 2:35 mark, Jones didn't actually flap at the cross in fairness, he just kind of half came then went back.  Hoyte at left back, I can't think of anyone who would want to see that.

The next video is the home game later in the season featuring a lovely goal from Barry Robson, one of the few things that Strachan got right in his time here, and goal scoring hero Scott McDonald's first goal in a Boro shirt.  Barry Robson would be useful for us now, canny player.

I always confused Yates with Hoyte they really looked alike. 

• Haha 2
30 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Didn't realise they'd done so much business. Looking at their signings, I think every one of them would walk into our 11 

Their squad is well into the 30s now I think lol, they're going to have to really shift some deadwood and quickly I think.