oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

49 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Hes a big unit aye 🤣. Think he's about 6'3. Absolute giant for u18 level.

Jeez he could gain another inch or two then. Wonder what kind of future he has! Is he highly rated?

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Jeez he could gain another inch or two then. Wonder what kind of future he has! Is he highly rated?

Bit of a "wait and see" for Josh I reckon. See how he copes at adult level where his physical advantages aren't so pronounced. Does have a decent scoring record so he has a chance of making it, for sure 👍.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Bit of a "wait and see" for Josh I reckon. See how he copes at adult level where his physical advantages aren't so pronounced. Does have a decent scoring record so he has a chance of making it, for sure 👍.

Other than the Kavanagh kid; who would you say are the other brightest talents in that age group atm?

10 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Other than the Kavanagh kid; who would you say are the other brightest talents in that age group atm?

They're a pretty good group all round. Others who may catch the eye are most likely: Lucas Reed, Afonso Lindo, Jack Scott, Pharrell Willis and Coburn. They are all relatively inexperienced as the majority of them have just moved up from the u16s.

28 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

They're a pretty good group all round. Others who may catch the eye are most likely: Lucas Reed, Afonso Lindo, Jack Scott, Pharrell Willis and Coburn. They are all relatively inexperienced as the majority of them have just moved up from the u16s.

Big year for Joe Ridley at that age group as well he was moved to the 18s quickly after getting in the England U16s last year he's a winger which will naturally bring extra pressure onto him.

I'm keeping my eyes on that crop that moved up to the 23s Balde/Cornet/Gibson with Kiernan and Hackney it's an interesting cluster of 18 year olds in that age group this year.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Thanks mate! excited to see how they all do this year!

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Big year for Joe Ridley at that age group as well he was moved to the 18s quickly after getting in the England U16s last year he's a winger which will naturally bring extra pressure onto him.

I'm keeping my eyes on that crop that moved up to the 23s Balde/Cornet/Gibson with Kiernan and Hackney it's an interesting cluster of 18 year olds in that age group this year.

Yes should have had ridley on my list. 

Cornet and Hackney looked really sharp v leeds I thought. No idea how they didn't win that one.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Does anybody know how our start this season compare's to Cardiff's under Warnock the year he took them up? Just wondering if they started off similar before it went well for them. 

Just look online you lazy sod, it takes about a minute!

Anyway, they won their first 5 league games, including 3-0 against Villa and a 2-1 away win at Wolves.  It's safe to say that their start was a little better than ours has been.

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Anyway, they won their first 5 league games, including 3-0 against Villa and a 2-1 away win at Wolves.  It's safe to say that their start was a little better than ours has been.

See @Changing Times i didn't need too 😂 thanks. Yeh thats alot better than ours. Although im fairly happy with how we have done. Its the next set of games we need to get a better return from. 

9 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I don’t see how it’s any better as I can guarantee that we will take maximum points available from wolves and Villa too this season 😉 

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

You would have made the exact same joke and you know it, don't go rolling your eyes at Uwe like you're better than that!

I wouldn't have made that joke, it was terrible, and my jokes aren't terrible 🤸‍♂️

• Confused 1