• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Smogzilla said:

Superb. Looks like the u23s have a great chance of promotion to the top division this year.

there is the risk that focussing on the u23 league, prevents them going out on loan to develop in a real competitve environment

Coulson’s lack of playing time has been mentioned once or twice. Sounds as though Warnock felt he needed a kick up the proverbial:-

Extracts from Gazette interview with NW
Neil Warnock says the penny has dropped for Hayden Coulson, with the wing-back now showing the Middlesbrough manager what he's capable of.

Coulson hasn't featured much because he hasn't impressed in training, is the honest assessment of Warnock.

But in the last fortnight that's changed.
He's got to be better than what he was in pre-season. It's my fault as well, I played him right wing-back against Barnsey and he had a nightmare, that was my fault.

"But he's not been good in training. But the last two weeks all of a sudden something has dropped and he's been fantastic."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's my birthday today, meant to be my 30th but I've refused to allow that in current circumstances of not being able to celebrate it.

I usually get my age on the back of one of my shirts so I received this off my Mam today:

PXL_20201031_112419590.thumb.jpg.9ca3e50c5100e9e607b6b14fe278f55e.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 8
On 10/30/2020 at 7:06 PM, Mr_Maz said:

there is the risk that focussing on the u23 league, prevents them going out on loan to develop in a real competitve environment

I dont think Boro have ever fallen into that trap. All the coaching staff seemed focused on the development of the players for their and the club's benefit. Some high profile youngsters went out on loan mid-season in the past.

On 10/31/2020 at 2:37 PM, Smogzilla said:

Goals from Josh Coburn and Pharrell Willis.

Also: lee cattermole watching from the sidelines. Wearing boro training gear. 🧐🧐

I think he's doing his badges. Retired from playing in the summer.

Match against Derby moved to 7pm.

I love how petty the line is on the club's site:

"The visit of the struggling Rams will be available to watch free of charge to Season Card Holders via our Matchday LIVE service."

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, ErimusFootball said:

The Boro U23s and U18s are top of their respective divisions so we've had a look at some of the players in those squads as well as the impact the younger members of the first team squad are making. 

https://erimusfootball.com/2020/11/05/them-young-reds/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Another great article @ErimusFootball A very enjoyable read 👍

• Like 1