• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

I have not read the posts back regarding todays game but my two pence on todays game and the season so far.

Very happy with the away point. I would have taken that all day long.

Since the last international break we have taken 13pts from 21pts available from the 7 games. As I said few weeks my optimistic prediction had us getting 11pts so to get 13 is very good return.

In so far as the reason is concerned, I am also very happy. 11 games in and we sit on 18pts in 7th position. To compare that to same time stage last season we were 10pts and in 20th position. And as I eluded to before it is pretty much with the same team. Anyone who is not happy with that turnaround will in my respectful opinion struggle to ever be fully happy.

After the next international break hopefully we will have two further players to our ranks in Grant Hall and Duncan Watmore. Former bringing welcome cover at CB and latter bringing some directness in the final 3rd up until January at least.

The 9 games that takes us up to Christmas

1.       Norwich (H)

2.       Derby (H)

3.       Huddersfield (A)

4.       Swansea (H)

5.       Stoke (A)

6.       Preston (A)

7.       Millwall (H)

8.       Luton (H)

9.       Birmingham (A)

I think them 9 games we can hopefully perform well in. I would say Norwich, Swansea and Stoke are the tricky games but the others should not hold any fears. That is not to say we are going to win the other 6 games. However, I am hopeful we can take between around 15pts. Our last 3 games which will complete the first half of season are Rotherham at home followed by away games to Sheff Wed and Wycombe.

In order to be in around the play offs come Jan we need to be between 35-40pts and hopefully we can get there. And then come Jan we can add the winger, or two which Warnock again tonight said he feels we lack. I would be happy if a deal is in place for Bolasie to come Jan 1st or someone else who can play on that left side. We will hopefully also be able to call upon Fletcher.

Keep the faith and keep believing. #UTB

• Like 2

Lost 1-0 after missing penalty, hitting bar and wasting a number of good chances, still remain top, but missed chance to go three points clear. Nathan Wood played full 90 minutes according to MFC site

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Old Codger said:

Lost 1-0 after missing penalty, hitting bar and wasting a number of good chances, still remain top, but missed chance to go three points clear. Nathan Wood played full 90 minutes according to MFC site

Yeah very strange game. Almost got called off. West brom were poor and yet somehow won. Nevermind, onwards and upwards!

20201108_152919.jpg

• Like 1

There seemed to be an awful lot of people in the stand for a game that had,  or was supposed to have,  no crowd.

I'd certainly have travelled for that game had I thought there was a hope in hell of getting a view of the game

............   and I'd have gone to the farm shop across the road too

6 hours ago, Rishworthian said:

There seemed to be an awful lot of people in the stand for a game that had,  or was supposed to have,  no crowd.

I'd certainly have travelled for that game had I thought there was a hope in hell of getting a view of the game

............   and I'd have gone to the farm shop across the road too

It was closed to spectators. The only people in were club/ground staff and a small handful of people to record events for data purposes (me). Not even press allowed in at the mo.

• Like 1

Thanks Zilla that has cleared that up   ........................   plus Warnock of course.

I'm actually quite impressed that Warnock takes the time and trouble to bother with the u23 games.  I'd seen Mowbray at the odd one but I don't remember Aitor or Pulis or Woodgate attending.  They have chosen games other than the ones I chose of course

I keep hoping I'm going to see Burrell and Folarin and maybe Dodds and Jones having a run out with the big lads. 

I don't think Burrell will make enough of a contribution to general play to get too far up NWs list of cantidates but I'm guessing his ability to appear at the right moment might be a useful asset to us at the present time

Humpty whilst I am sure you are right that he doesn't have normal family pressures,  he could have gone fishing.  The fish wouldn't care if it was foggy.

It still amounts to Warnock tasking a step or two on the extra mile,  if nowt else.  This is effectively a reserve game and the lads have been pulling up trees in this division.  To see them playing in a competitive environment is always useful in my opinion.  He might want one or two of them to train with the senior squad.  That is good news as there ought to be a clear "pathway" to the senior squad for this group

Issac Fletcher is now taking a step or two on this road as Zilla shows above

In the late 1950s I went to watch the reserves play South Shields just to see what a new wonder-kid was like.  Ed Holliday was his name and he ended up getting more caps than his better know centre forward colleague.  Which shows  I've always been a bit odd

Remember when Cummins came on the scene, one reserve game had a crowd approaching 5000, Platt even did a few games as  a striker, still think that there is a place for a reserve team, just to give lads a runout coming back from injury and kids learn to play against experienced pros. Obviously everything age-based now but sometimes I think it can hinder progress as much as it helps  

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Warnock nominated for Manager of the Month along with Farke, Reading and Barnsley.... hopefully goes to Farke after what has occurred on previous occasions its gone to us

If we are going purely of points accumulation in month of October then Warnock should get it.

He got us 14pts out the 18pts available from the 6 games played in that month. Dropping points only in draws v Reading and Cardiff.

Norwich and Reading got 13pts in October. Did not check Barnsley but i imagine they did not get 14 or more points during same period.

Albeit since last international break Norwich are divisions form team winning 5 and drawing 2 out the 7 games played since.