oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

5 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

I'm going for the ones in bold type

By some weird coincidence , this came up as  a Youtube recommendation... weird

nice tune!

Translated for you more mature gentleman:

Britt Curtis Assombalonga is currently live on the online streaming website Twitch.tv. He is playing the multiplayer game Call of Duty: Warzone with three of his companions.

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

On 11/20/2020 at 11:18 PM, Old Codger said:

Thanks. groovy .. far out .. gear..  fab   ..  As Quasimodo once said, I had a hunch it was something like that

Is he any good or does he miss sitters? 

Well he couldn't cut it as a full back, so he's now a defensive midfielder.

23 hours ago, Ash said:

Have the red button games on sky been scrapped?

As is congested season is more mid week games than sky have the rights too. So some mid week rounds aren't available. This week is one of these. Swansea next week is on red button

12 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Howson has signed another 1 year extension on his contract.

He's here till the end of 21/22 now. 👍

Good to see we have offered him another year, I personally wouldn't offer him more than that at this stage. Hopefully the new contract is on slightly reduced terms too, would give us a bit more financial wiggle room.

If Howson continues to play the deepest of the 3 midfielders, essentially what Clayton used to do, I can easily see him actually getting better over the next couple years. He’s still got great legs for his age, and his performances this season have been pretty much 8/10 every game. 

17 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Doesn't say.

I'd hope reduced terms but, if not, he's been good so far this season as a midfielder.

The website story is a little contradictory, the headline is "Howson Signs New Boro Contract" indicating it's a "new" contract.

Then the 2nd paragraph states "by signing an extended contract" which indicates it's simply an extension to his current deal. At least the way I'm reading it is contradictory.

It is encouraging that we are getting contracts sorted a little earlier than usual and that the negotiations are seemingly going smoothly. Hopefully the trend continues, as the last thing we need is a situation where a few players are allowed to see out their contracts and move on without fees like the end of last season. Britt has a big decision to make as he must know he will not get a similar contract from us, so unless he wants to settle for a move to USA or China, he is going to have to be content with lower wages. I think the way the game has changed in the last few years does not suit his style of play. He seems to lack the ball control and work rate that most teams require and is not adept at creating openings for himself, but he may find somewhere that suits him. He seems like a decent lad so good luck to him wherever he ends up (as long as he doesn't come back to haunt us).