• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

If there was any doubt that warnock loves a good exaggeration he called howson the best midfielder in the league! 

hes been okay this season but I really hope that hes not been signed on monk terms.

Have been reliably informed that a vow of celibacy is not stipulated in contract (not sure about tonsure though)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
12 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Doesn't say.

I'd hope reduced terms but, if not, he's been good so far this season as a midfielder.

I don’t think clubs are allowed to offer players new contracts on reduced term. I think that’s why we needed to wait for players contracts to run out in the past before offering them new ones.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, ABH said:

I don’t think clubs are allowed to offer players new contracts on reduced term. I think that’s why we needed to wait for players contracts to run out in the past before offering them new ones.

That has been mentioned before but it sounds like nonsense to me. Why wouldn't you be able to offer a new contract on other terms? The player can simply refuse to accept it. I haven't seen anything elsewhere to prove that it's a rule. 

On 11/23/2020 at 4:46 PM, DurhamRed said:

As is congested season is more mid week games than sky have the rights too. So some mid week rounds aren't available. This week is one of these. Swansea next week is on red button

Thank you! Thought they'd done away with it completely as I couldn't find any information about it on the Internet!

On 11/24/2020 at 6:02 AM, ABH said:

"63.4  Clubs shall be free at any time to re-negotiate or amend the financial provisions set out in Schedule 2 of the Standard Contract with its own Players on such terms as shall be mutually acceptable" 

Sounds like we can offer new contracts on reduced terms as long as both parties agree. Unless there is another clause (I cannot see one) that overrides the one above.

I do seem to remember The Gazette in past mentioning a clause similar to what you have, but that clause could have been updated/removed in the last few years.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

"63.4  Clubs shall be free at any time to re-negotiate or amend the financial provisions set out in Schedule 2 of the Standard Contract with its own Players on such terms as shall be mutually acceptable" 

Sounds like we can offer new contracts on reduced terms as long as both parties agree. Unless there is another clause (I cannot see one) that overrides the one above.

I do seem to remember The Gazette in past mentioning a clause similar to what you have, but that clause could have been updated/removed in the last few years.

This makes perfect sense. You should always be able to amend an agreement if both parties agree. Or else it wouldn't be possible to negotiate that players reduce their contracts in the coronacrisis like Arsenal have. For Howsons sake it makes sense as he get's an extra year to his contract and some safety meaning he doesn't have to uproot next summer. He may get a lesser weekly wage but more security in a difficult market. Same could easily be applied to Fletcher and Britt.

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

This makes perfect sense. You should always be able to amend an agreement if both parties agree. Or else it wouldn't be possible to negotiate that players reduce their contracts in the coronacrisis like Arsenal have. For Howsons sake it makes sense as he get's an extra year to his contract and some safety meaning he doesn't have to uproot next summer. He may get a lesser weekly wage but more security in a difficult market. Same could easily be applied to Fletcher and Britt.

Think age comes into it though, Howson is going to be 33 by the end of next season (think he recently turned 32 right?) and is winding down his career.

Britt is only 27 and Fletch only 25, think they're far more likely to look elsewhere.

17 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Obviously dependent on the 16th of December review, but none of the Middlesbrough matches, home or away, will be in front of fans next month.

And that's how it will stay, probably until late spring,

I can't see Middlesbrough ever getting out of Tier 3, not from what I've seen, heard, and read from the general public.