oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

12 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

It wasn't terrible with 1000 people against Bournemouth.

It'd only be an issue with limited fans if all 4 stands are open.

The atmospheres are only rubbish in cup matches because people don't really care about cup matches anymore.

Did you go to the Bournemouth game?

If you did how did the club organise getting fans in and out of the stadium?

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, ABH said:

Did you go to the Bournemouth game?

If you did how did the club organise getting fans in and out of the stadium?

Yeah, I did, it was the same way as normal really, except with more active stewarding and staggered entry and exits. Hand sanitiser stations were situated by the turnstiles and you were instructed to use them before being allowed through.

Worked absolutely fine.

Only thing I think might prove an issue is they were only allowing 3 people in the toilets at once, and that's surely not really sustainable at higher attendances.

I do think that it's the right idea for them not to open the bars until the restrictions are fully lifted though, despite some fans in Tier 2 areas kicking off, it'd be bound to create unnecessary congestion and hassle.

1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

Yeah, I did, it was the same way as normal really, except with more active stewarding and staggered entry and exits. Hand sanitiser stations were situated by the turnstiles and you were instructed to use them before being allowed through.

Worked absolutely fine.

Only thing I think might prove an issue is they were only allowing 3 people in the toilets at once, and that's surely not really sustainable at higher attendances.

I do think that it's the right idea for them not to open the bars until the restrictions are fully lifted though, despite some fans in Tier 2 areas kicking off, it'd be bound to create unnecessary congestion and hassle.

Thanks for that. Seen a few reports about the test games but they only tell you about the seating arrangements 

Some interesting replies on crowds returning.  I have a record of 65 + years of attending Boro matches and I'm anxious to keep it up but have one or three health problems so I can take no risks with Covid. transmissions.

I'd love to go but it won't be until I've been vacced etc.  If I can I'd love to go, even if its just the one game to keep up the record of at least one game in every season since 1953/4

keep smiling

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Think we play them not long after that in the league.

Some interesting ties there.

bet Marine are buzzing like, home game vs Tottenham. Shame it's not at Spurs because I'm sure even the 50% of the 2k fans allowed would have been helpful!

Just now, Brunners said:

bet Marine are buzzing like, home game vs Tottenham. Shame it's not at Spurs because I'm sure even the 50% of the 2k fans allowed would have been helpful!

Being a home tie there's a good chance it will be televised though and that will bring in more income for them.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

Being a home tie there's a good chance it will be televised though and that will bring in more income for them.

I hope they do anyway.  Crawley/Leeds, Newport/Brighton, Stockport/West Ham, Chorley/Derby all would be good FA Cup ties to watch.  I'm sure they'll find a way to get some of Villa/Liverpool, Arsenal/Newcastle, Man Utd/Watford, Man City/Birmingham on the telly though 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1