oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

I still think Morsy is a great signing but Hall and Roberts aren't playing and neither have really looked that good when they have this season, Bettinelli has pulled off a couple of decent saves but has also dropped some absolute clangers, Akpom has done very little but cover for the fact we needed another striker just to rotate with Britt.

That being said, I think even if you take Morsy out of that equation, it would take a significantly worse output from them all to be considered amongst our very worst windows, especially in the context of when they happened. Pulis' transfer windows were dreadful, the Prem January window was dreadful, we made some good signings in Monk's first window but we didn't spend a lot of time thinking about those signings or the outlay, we just announced to everyone we had a lot of money and made sure to spend as much of it as we could. We have fallen on some decent players eventually, Howson, Fletcher, Saville are amongst those who look like they might have eventually come good after rocky starts but let's not forget we wanted to sign Saville and Wallace from Millwall for a similar price to what we paid just for Saville (when Pulis was 'cutting back', no less) and I still remember Slaven Bilic saying West Ham were pretty much flabbergasted at what we offered for Fletcher, they snapped our hands off.

If you were putting together a list of dreadful transfer business, I don't think any of this season's signings would even be in the top 10.

• Like 1
  • Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

Great tieing McNair up think we will do very well to keep him though if don't get promotion in next 2 season's. As he is premiership quality and a bottom half club like Brigton would pay £20 million for him like!

Running a miniseries over December with a new piece every other day. Some of it won't be relevant so won't bombard the board with posts but you can check Twitter for updates - @erimusfootball. A massive thanks to the OneBoro community.

To start off the #12DaysofErimus we're taking a deep dive into Gastón Ramírez's time on Teesside. 

There's free kicks, skills and dodgy DMs aplenty.

https://t.co/pgyU68eGjJ

10 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Bloody hell...
38 games into the season and at the time he was sacked we were 21st, 1 place outside the relegation zone, we gave him a fair chance. I wanted him to be a success, but he was not my first choice, especially when we were linked with the likes of Jokanovic.

You only have to look at the player's performances* this season compared to last that highlight that Woodgate was a little out of his depth. If he had an experienced backroom staff around him things could well have been different, but as it was we were lacking experience all through the coaching set up last year and it showed. 

* The likes of Saville, Howson, McNair, Fry, Bola and Dijksteel. To a lesser extent Spence and Johnson too.

Bloke was a clown as a manager. Bizarre decisions, bizarre comments, bizarre appointment. It's not an agenda when a half decent manager takes basically the same squad from being at risk of relegation to battling in the promotion mix.

• Like 5