oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

I think the general feeling around his appointment wasn't personal, it wasn't an agenda against him, it's what putting him in charge represented, the downfall of the club, some referred to it as the idea that our club simply hadn't bottomed out yet and putting Woodgate in charge and what happened with him in charge only created evidence of that.

In the end, nobody was gonna look beyond that when results weren't going his way, they weren't going to stand by him because it meant standing by the club and their decision to appoint him too. I had a hard time with it because I wanted him to do well, I wanted to believe we could create what he said we could under his tenure... but we were going down, we got rid and we stayed up. And now this season, despite the fact we're not even close to the principles we set out at the start of last season, we are going back in the right direction. How can anyone be anything but more convinced that Woodgate was a dreadful appointment?

Those that were thinking more personally because of his character were really not even close to being 50% of the fanbase. Those that brought up the Leeds thing and all that, that was a small minority of people. So if it's not them he means then who is he saying had an agenda against him? Those that thought he wasn't going to be a very good manager at the time we appointed him? Because they were right.

• Like 4
  • Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

My personal favourite quote from Woodgates interview with Carragher - “I just wanted to get away after I was sacked, but we were in a lockdown. So I went to Ibiza for 4 weeks.” 

That quote alone tells you we were absolutely mental to give woodgate the job at boro 😂 couldn’t wait to go and get off his face

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
44 minutes ago, BoroBoy1989 said:

My personal favourite quote from Woodgates interview with Carragher - “I just wanted to get away after I was sacked, but we were in a lockdown. So I went to Ibiza for 4 weeks.” 

That quote alone tells you we were absolutely mental to give woodgate the job at boro 😂 couldn’t wait to go and get off his face

To the extent he'd flee the country during a global pandemic for a sesh. What a professional.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Woodgate may feel he needed more time, but more time would have led us into League 1, he wasn't my choice but I backed him and those who thought it was a poor appointment were proven right. Woodgate going to Ibiza for 4 weeks I don't read to much into that, he's married with kids so he may well have taken he's family with him just to get  away from things.

He got plenty of support where it should matter most - in the ground. Even on those long winless runs it isn't like the atmosphere turned toxic and his name was sung loudly home and away.

If he's that rustled by comments made on social media he should probably forget having another crack at management.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, ErimusFootball said:

He got plenty of support where it should matter most - in the ground. Even on those long winless runs it isn't like the atmosphere turned toxic and his name was sung loudly home and away.

If he's that rustled by comments made on social media he should probably forget having another crack at management.

Indeed. You need skin like a rhino to be a football manager these days. Even when you're doing well theres always somebody having a go at you for some reason, (not playing pretty enough football, leaving star players on the bench etc.)

• Like 1

According to whoscored, these are the top 7 (weird cutoff) strikers in the Championship currently.

Goes to show how defensively sound we are that we've played against almost all of these, and made them all look average. 

Solanke scored against us (but think it was actually an OG), and Woodrow scored that last minute penalty. Other than that they, along with Moore, Toney and Ayew all looked distinctly average vs us. 

Don't think Joao or Armstrong played in their respective games.

32 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Don't think Joao or Armstrong played in their respective games.

Joao did play against us, but unsurprisingly didn't score. And as you say I seem to recall Armstrong being injured with half the Blackburn team when we played them.

24 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Joao did play against us, but unsurprisingly didn't score. And as you say I seem to recall Armstrong being injured with half the Blackburn team when we played them.

I did think actually as I was posting it that Joao actually may have played, was too lazy to change it haha, thanks for the correction!

2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Still trying to take credit. I didn't hear him come out and talk about his contribution to us last season. An absolute conman and I'd marry Warnock compared to the two of them.

image.gif.1297957aa44f7565a5613eaaf2ff365b.gif

3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Snog Woody,

Marry Warnock

Kill Pulis

Oh sorry, you said avoid.

Would probably have to go with this. If only mogga was in there, reckon he'd make great husband material.