oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

Marry Warnock. (Would love me a sugar Daddy) 

Snog Wood (he’s quite bimbo-ish anyways) 

Void Pulis. (No that’s not a typo) 

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

On 12/3/2020 at 12:37 PM, MMC said:

Bloke was a clown as a manager. Bizarre decisions, bizarre comments, bizarre appointment. It's not an agenda when a half decent manager takes basically the same squad from being at risk of relegation to battling in the promotion mix.

Woodgate is an arrogant bully, I didn't want him here and it was personal as well as professional. 

If you are a certain age and live in Middlesbrough you'll know he had a bad reputation for a reason. He should never have been given the job. 

And professionally he was not ready to be given the job, it was far too big for him and that's on Gibson.  

• Like 7
15 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Woodgate is an arrogant bully, I didn't want him here and it was personal as well as professional. 

If you are a certain age and live in Middlesbrough you'll know he had a bad reputation for a reason. He should never have been given the job. 

And professionally he was not ready to be given the job, it was far too big for him and that's on Gibson.  

Assault, racial slurs, and a cocaine habit. Top candidate for the job haha. Just an all round bell end as well though.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Duvel said:

It is interesting that you say "If you are of a certain age". That implies you have to be older to know what Woodgate was really like. It also implies you think a man is beyond redemption from past habits. Once a ***, always a ***, that kind of thing.

I wouldn't for a second condone any of the acts he's been accused of but if what you're referring to is long since past and those that knew of him much more recently have nothing akin to that to speak of, who's to say he's not put that past behind him and moved on from it? Or is it just that he's never really dealt with it publicly that rubs you up the wrong way?

When I mentioned that there were those that did feel it was personal, you did come to mind and I don't know if I've ever really approached you on it in this way before. Still, I don't think Woodgate would be right to say you were even close to being part of the majority voice surrounding his appointment, which is what he suggests in that Carragher interview.

1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

It is interesting that you say "If you are of a certain age". That implies you have to be older to know what Woodgate was really like. It also implies you think a man is beyond redemption from past habits. Once a ***, always a ***, that kind of thing.

I wouldn't for a second condone any of the acts he's been accused of but if what you're referring to is long since past and those that knew of him much more recently have nothing akin to that to speak of, who's to say he's not put that past behind him and moved on from it? Or is it just that he's never really dealt with it publicly that rubs you up the wrong way?

When I mentioned that there were those that did feel it was personal, you did come to mind and I don't know if I've ever really approached you on it in this way before. Still, I don't think Woodgate would be right to say you were even close to being part of the majority voice surrounding his appointment, which is what he suggests in that Carragher interview.

What I'm saying is that is hard to shake off a bad reputation even if it was built when you were in your 20s. 

Of course people can change but I don't think he had. When you are still getting into trouble in your 30s then there's something wrong. 

7 minutes ago, Duvel said:

What I'm saying is that is hard to shake off a bad reputation even if it was built when you were in your 20s. 

Of course people can change but I don't think he had. When you are still getting into trouble in your 30s then there's something wrong. 

What has he done in his 30s? You'll have to refresh my memory, I could be being daft. I also assumed that when you said if you're of a certain age that you didn't just mean something that happened in the past 10 years. The biggest problems he seemed to have floating around him were almost 20 years ago, something he had come out and spoke about around the time he joined us. It's been a long, long time since those things.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/woodgate-im-a-nice-lad-who-made-a-mistake-and-recovered-from-it-414461.html

31 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

What has he done in his 30s? You'll have to refresh my memory, I could be being daft. I also assumed that when you said if you're of a certain age that you didn't just mean something that happened in the past 10 years. The biggest problems he seemed to have floating around him were almost 20 years ago, something he had come out and spoke about around the time he joined us. It's been a long, long time since those things.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/woodgate-im-a-nice-lad-who-made-a-mistake-and-recovered-from-it-414461.html

We went through all this the summer he was appointed, sometimes things happen off the pitch that don't make the papers. 

I'm happy to discuss it with you over pm. 

People's temperament can evolve, and I did things as a teenager I look back on with a degree of embarrassment in middle-age. But intelligence is rarely gained later in life.

Modern management requires a diverse mental toolbox, from diplomacy with the media and other managers to an intuitive reading of the game and an astute eye for oppositional weakness. I didn't see any of that in Woodgate before his appointment, which is why I opposed it at the time. I watched his first match (Luton) on Sky and thought "dear God, what have we done?" Nine months later, I still thought the same. And eventually, so did Gibson.

Gibson has made some truly rotten managerial decisions post-Eindhoven, but Woodgate's tenure was a nadir. It looked like it at the time, and Warnock's performance simply underlines the fact. I don't really hold what Woodgate might have said in McDonald's 20 years ago against him - but he wasn't the man we needed post-Pulis.

Speaking of Pulis, for that self-serving leech to claim we're doing well this season because of him would make me laugh if he didn't really believe it. Interesting he wasn't saying similar things as we started into the abyss of League One. Hope Wednesday sink without trace if they keep him in charge.

• Like 4

Really hope we stick it to Pulis when we play Sheff Wed at the end of the month. Think they suit each other as both the club and he have these delusions of grandeur.

Latest instalment of our December miniseries is up on the site by the way and it's on today's game.

Would do anything to be on the road to Stoke away. There's something special about an awayday 

https://t.co/0IUXPDhwgD

• Like 1
On 12/7/2020 at 9:57 PM, Aphex_Boro said:

Thought he'd be younger than 21, older than most that still haven't broken into the first team.

He's only a year older than Folarin. Brought in from the same club at the same time, it's not like he's been around forever.

Had a decidedly Eastern European vibe going on in this weeks articles. 

First on József Varga's brief stint at right back 

https://erimusfootball.com/2020/12/08/12-days-of-erimus-agent-varga/

And then a flashback to the Tallinn Torpedo, Tarmo Kink 

https://erimusfootball.com/2020/12/09/12-days-of-erimus-the-greatest-estonian-the-world-has-ever-seen/

Thanks all.