oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

Oh that's right, he owns Bristol Bears as well.

Yeah they've cashed in on some players but they've spent a few quid as well.  Considering they don't have parachute payments then there is only so much they can do.  I'm sure some of the players they've signed are on decent money as well, just looking at who they are?

• Replies 22.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Bristol City remind me a little bit of say Derby or Forest over the last couple of years.  Spent a decent amount of money but seem to be less than the sum of their parts.

Yeah very strange team especially with the amount they are spending on the ground rebuild as well.

Forest board must be getting sick of Chris Houghton already, although last night's win might give him another week or so. 😂 Forest owner is a absolute mad man isn't he!?!

Thing is, right. I had my first season ticket last season in over a decade. And honestly, the amount of times I'd come on here afterwards asking questions about what had happened or who'd done what, the idea that because you are at the game and so are in the best position to judge the performance or the players individually is utter nonsense. It's a very different perspective to someone who would be sat at home for sure, you'll 100% get a better sense of the atmosphere around the pitch, for where you're sat in the ground you might have a better view of real-time events as they happen in front of you. You might catch an off-ball event before the cameras or what the cameras won't see. But you don't get to replay what you saw, you don't get the benefit of multiple angles, the amount of times I've come on here and thought we should have had a penalty given for or against us at the South stand side when I was sat in the North stand just to be told it was a good tackle. What about judging players for decisions they've made when you don't have a good view of it?

To come on and say not just that it's right that those at the stadium have the best place to judge everything but that it's common sense is nothing but elitist. It's a different perspective, in terms of judging things ultimately it has its benefits and its drawbacks. Unless you're sat in the middle of the top tier of the West Stand you don't even have a great view of the whole pitch and when you do, it's not like you're seeing everything at once, when you miss something, that taints your view of things come the end of the game.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Humpty said:

You probably need to be a bit more observant. Less booze 🍻

I literally never drank a single pint at the match, I drove to and from Sunderland to get there. Try again.

1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

I literally never drank a single pint at the match, I drove to and from Sunderland to get there. Try again.

It must be the bright lights of Middlesbrogh dazzling you after the gloom on Wearside

On 12/17/2020 at 12:20 PM, wilsoncgp said:

Thing is, right. I had my first season ticket last season in over a decade. And honestly, the amount of times I'd come on here afterwards asking questions about what had happened or who'd done what, the idea that because you are at the game and so are in the best position to judge the performance or the players individually is utter nonsense. It's a very different perspective to someone who would be sat at home for sure, you'll 100% get a better sense of the atmosphere around the pitch, for where you're sat in the ground you might have a better view of real-time events as they happen in front of you. You might catch an off-ball event before the cameras or what the cameras won't see. But you don't get to replay what you saw, you don't get the benefit of multiple angles, the amount of times I've come on here and thought we should have had a penalty given for or against us at the South stand side when I was sat in the North stand just to be told it was a good tackle. What about judging players for decisions they've made when you don't have a good view of it?

To come on and say not just that it's right that those at the stadium have the best place to judge everything but that it's common sense is nothing but elitist. It's a different perspective, in terms of judging things ultimately it has its benefits and its drawbacks. Unless you're sat in the middle of the top tier of the West Stand you don't even have a great view of the whole pitch and when you do, it's not like you're seeing everything at once, when you miss something, that taints your view of things come the end of the game.

Formations of the teams are easier to see live though.